Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Get rid of "related thread" suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 885 Likes on 620 Posts
E63S | X5
Get rid of "related thread" suggestions

The fact of the matter is people will be looking at one thread and not realize they have wandered into another with this whole "related thread" feature on the bottom of each and every thread. These "related" threads are often in entirely different sections alone, as in you can be browsing w204 c63's and end up in W116 old school S-class threads because they each have the word "filter" in them.

It's a poor design and leads to a lot of member confusion, old and dated threads getting bumped, and members getting harassed by others because they are unknowingly posting in an unrelated thread which comes off as nonsensical and the trolls have their way with them. I'm on this forum often and now see this happening daily and often times on multiple occasions per day.

Please disable this feature. OR, at the very least, limit the "related threads" to that specific section only. If I'm in the w204 section I should stay in that section.

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
subiefiles (02-24-2021)
Old 09-09-2020, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 686 Likes on 509 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
you can turn it off in your profile settings I think as I do nothave it
The following users liked this post:
CarHopper (09-09-2020)
Old 09-09-2020, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 885 Likes on 620 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by ygmn
you can turn it off in your profile settings I think as I do nothave it
Many thanks. You can, it's the last one under "edit options" for those who'd like to do the same.

I'm not sure if that is something I did or not, but I feel like the default setting should be disabled and if someone wants it then they can enable it. I've seen so many threads bumped lately that ended up being the related thread to the original one.

Anyway, thanks again!