Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

suggestion re: replying with quote

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2024, 09:43 AM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
2019 GLE 63S AMG, 2009 C63
suggestion re: replying with quote

It drives me bonkers when several folks reply to a thread using the "reply with quote" button when there are multiple pictures being downloaded time after time.
I just looked thru a thread that six or seven people replied to all showing the same multiple, huge pictures! ...very annoying.
Similar to lots of people, for example, quoting the entire Gettysburg address over and over instead of just referring to it.
Suggestion would be to edit the pictures out after maybe the second reply. It really is not that difficult to do and seems like a common courtesy.
Old 01-17-2024, 07:42 PM
IB Staff

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbon Dated
It drives me bonkers when several folks reply to a thread using the "reply with quote" button when there are multiple pictures being downloaded time after time.
I just looked thru a thread that six or seven people replied to all showing the same multiple, huge pictures! ...very annoying.
Similar to lots of people, for example, quoting the entire Gettysburg address over and over instead of just referring to it.
Suggestion would be to edit the pictures out after maybe the second reply. It really is not that difficult to do and seems like a common courtesy.
Thanks for the suggestion. This is something we'll look into.
The following users liked this post:
Carbon Dated (01-18-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 253 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
Originally Posted by Carbon Dated
Ditto!

But not as annoying as quoting an entire paragraph for a one word reply.