Suspension and Braking The archived forum for suspension and braking components for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Let's get an AIRMATIC recall going!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 MB S500, 2003 MBS500
Angry Let's get an AIRMATIC recall going!

Hi!

I have been on this website for awhile and I must say that this is one of the BEST. Having said that, I notice that plenty people have AIRMATIC problems. What was MB thinking? I am having the "AIRMATIC! VISIT WORKSHOP!" message show up. So have probably thousands of others. What will it take to make MB recall this unneccessary and confusing feature? I know that some businesses "build in" failure, but this is an EXPENSIVE problem.....Any thoughts?
Old 08-07-2008, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by benzman25
Hi!

I have been on this website for awhile and I must say that this is one of the BEST. Having said that, I notice that plenty people have AIRMATIC problems. What was MB thinking? I am having the "AIRMATIC! VISIT WORKSHOP!" message show up. So have probably thousands of others. What will it take to make MB recall this unneccessary and confusing feature? I know that some businesses "build in" failure, but this is an EXPENSIVE problem.....Any thoughts?
There is a thread about this in the W211 forum. Pretty much the general consensus is buy a car you can afford to maintain. Shocks wear out and these things are known to fail. The old 6.9 had a fancy suspension and thats why people avoid them unless they have the money to pay that game. Wear items wear out and fixing them is just part of life.

I have had 5 cars with Airmatic and never and a single issue. Its not as common as everyone says. This is a forum and people are more likely to come here to complain than complement.