Suspension and Braking The archived forum for suspension and braking components for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

CLK/SLK55 AND CLK63 USED FRONT 2-PIECE ROTORS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 12:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
BMW E30. I've turned to the dark side.
CLK/SLK55 AND CLK63 USED FRONT 2-PIECE ROTORS

Minimum thickness is 30.0mm these are at 29.9 and 29.8mm. but they are the 2piece floating rotor design with the aluminum center hat and 10 bolts holding the outer rotor on. AMG also seems to be overly conservative on their min thickness specs so there is a lot of meat left on these. there are NO cracks, they are true and not warped. they list at over $800 a piece.
part# 171 421 01 12 upgrade your car or have a spare cheap set after you track your car and destroy yours. i'm not sure what to ask for them and i would normally never sell a set of under-spec rotors but they have a lot of 'cool' factor. pm offers. local p/u in sacramento area but can ship.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 Renntech stage 5, 04 CL600 ( will miss ),02e55 , 11 R350
Originally Posted by benz-tech
Minimum thickness is 30.0mm these are at 29.9 and 29.8mm. but they are the 2piece floating rotor design with the aluminum center hat and 10 bolts holding the outer rotor on. AMG also seems to be overly conservative on their min thickness specs so there is a lot of meat left on these. there are NO cracks, they are true and not warped. they list at over $800 a piece.
part# 171 421 01 12 upgrade your car or have a spare cheap set after you track your car and destroy yours. i'm not sure what to ask for them and i would normally never sell a set of under-spec rotors but they have a lot of 'cool' factor. pm offers. local p/u in sacramento area but can ship.
I am assuming that these rotors are originally 32mm thickness when new. I may be interested in just the hats if you would tell me what the offset is and the diameter of the bolts circle ( the ten bolts ) . Also do these use the mclaren style antirattle clips as in Brembo? Pictures will be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:10 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
BMW E30. I've turned to the dark side.
the offset is different on a 211 AMG rotor.. the outer braking surface is approx 10mm inward of the hub mounting surface. the approx diameter of the mounting bolts (10) is about 7 and 7/8" -roughly 200mm bolt circle.