Suspension and Braking The archived forum for suspension and braking components for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

--FS: Custom rear Strut Tie Bar--

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 02:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 clk 320
If u guys that r interested in these mods that alex is selling and vip custom for us.don't hesitate at all.u guys r forget n that he took his time and money to fabricate excellant mods for our cars when nobody has.I have all 3 of his custom mods.he gives u everything u need to make installation quick and easy.why spend money on cheap imitation mods or break ur head try n to figure out what filter to buy,what size piping etc.when he's done all the hard work for us.as for me id rather support an mb bro then on somebody I don't know.I'm not get n n e thing extra for helping him sell his stuff.I'm just tell n u what's a great buy.if ur doubtful and have questions about the mods feel free to contact him directly.he will be sure to answer n e questions.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
I am interested in the front, do you have any available for the 209?
Old 06-28-2010, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
Originally Posted by jbenz2001
If u guys that r interested in these mods that alex is selling and vip custom for us.don't hesitate at all.u guys r forget n that he took his time and money to fabricate excellant mods for our cars when nobody has.I have all 3 of his custom mods.he gives u everything u need to make installation quick and easy.why spend money on cheap imitation mods or break ur head try n to figure out what filter to buy,what size piping etc.when he's done all the hard work for us.as for me id rather support an mb bro then on somebody I don't know.I'm not get n n e thing extra for helping him sell his stuff.I'm just tell n u what's a great buy.if ur doubtful and have questions about the mods feel free to contact him directly.he will be sure to answer n e questions.
thank you jbenz for your kind words, i took me a long time and ton of trial and research to make these mods and i'm glad you are enjoying it.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by dynomite05
I am interested in the front, do you have any available for the 209?
The front for the w209/w203 is in the work's.....Will let you know soon.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
I've got the rear bar on my car. It works fantastically well. Less body roll, less understeer, car tracks a little more precisely. Will buy the front when ready.

However, the rear squeaks where the ends of the strut bar are attached to the rubber bushing on top of the shocks. I only hear squeaks when going over bumps. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Did I not tighten the retaining nuts enough? Did I tighten them too much? I sprayed some white lithium grease on the bushings and the squeak stopped for about two weeks until the squeak came back, should I use a different grease? what kind?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
You probably have to keep applying the grease. Contact member saltydizzle, he sells good lubricant.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by dynomite05
You probably have to keep applying the grease. Contact member saltydizzle, he sells good lubricant.
I spent 10 seconds spraying the connections to the top of the shocks with silicone and that seems to have eliminated the squeak. I week now and no noise -- not bad for 6 bucks and 10 seconds. Oh, btw, use a 2 to 2.5 inch hole cutter from the rear of the trunk lining to cut a clean hole for a professional looking install.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Facelift CLK500 Cab-
Are these still available for a w209? front? I have a cabriolet so I dont believe the rear is an option?

Thanks a lot