Suspension and Braking The archived forum for suspension and braking components for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: CLK63 AMG Front (2-PIECE 360x32mm) & Rear Rotors (330x26mm) + Renntech Pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 08:04 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W209 CLK Renntech Widebody, C140 CL600 V12, AP2 S2000, NSX Twin Turbo, R8 V10
FS: CLK63 AMG Front (2-PIECE 360x32mm) & Rear Rotors (330x26mm) + Renntech Pads

The CLK63 OEM rotors are over $1,000/each because they are two piece, which is more expensive to manufacture but saves a lot of weight for better braking, acceleration, ride, driving dynamics, etc.

I'm not sure how much life is left in these front rotors because as you can see a lip has formed on the outer edge- but regardless the aluminum hats can be reused and the steel rotor outer rings replaced to save $$$ and achieve significant weight savings with a 2 piece design. I can measure the front thickness with a digital caliper for anyone who wants to know but they are used and your remaining life will depend on how hard you drive and which pads you use. New is 32mm so you can maybe judge how many MM are worn away in the pics. I do remember someone was looking for the aluminum hats on the forum and the steel rings are the cheap part anyway.

The rear rotors are measured at 25.91mm thickness currently and new is 26mm so they are still almost full. I replaced the pads with these $300/pair Renntech Pads not that long before replacing everything so they still have a lot of thickness/life remaining. The only reason for sale is I decided to just spend the extra money to upgrade my entire brake setup. I spent thousands replacing everything but I'll take a fraction of that considering I don't want them just sitting around.

Original price for everything was probably $3,000. I'll ask for $1,000 SHIPPED for everything: 4 rotors and 8 pads. If you have any questions or need any information just LMK. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails FS: CLK63 AMG Front (2-PIECE 360x32mm) & Rear Rotors (330x26mm) + Renntech Pads-img_1191.jpg   FS: CLK63 AMG Front (2-PIECE 360x32mm) & Rear Rotors (330x26mm) + Renntech Pads-img_2387.jpg   FS: CLK63 AMG Front (2-PIECE 360x32mm) & Rear Rotors (330x26mm) + Renntech Pads-img_1594.jpg   FS: CLK63 AMG Front (2-PIECE 360x32mm) & Rear Rotors (330x26mm) + Renntech Pads-img_2403.jpg   FS: CLK63 AMG Front (2-PIECE 360x32mm) & Rear Rotors (330x26mm) + Renntech Pads-img_2399.jpg  

FS: CLK63 AMG Front (2-PIECE 360x32mm) & Rear Rotors (330x26mm) + Renntech Pads-img_2396.jpg  

Last edited by Nero Tenebre; 11-12-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by Nero Tenebre
The CLK63 OEM rotors are over $1,000/each because they are two piece, which is more expensive to manufacture but saves a lot of weight for better braking, acceleration, ride, driving dynamics, etc.

I'm not sure how much life is left in these front rotors because as you can see a lip has formed on the outer edge- but regardless the aluminum hats can be reused and the steel rotor outer rings replaced to save $$$ and achieve significant weight savings with a 2 piece design. I can measure the front thickness with a digital caliper for anyone who wants to know but they are used and your remaining life will depend on how hard you drive and which pads you use. New is 32mm so you can maybe judge how many MM are worn away in the pics. I do remember someone was looking for the aluminum hats on the forum and the steel rings are the cheap part anyway.

The rear rotors are measured at 25.91mm thickness currently and new is 26mm so they are still almost full. I replaced the pads with these $300/pair Renntech Pads not that long before replacing everything so they still have a lot of thickness/life remaining. The only reason for sale is I decided to just spend the extra money to upgrade my entire brake setup. I spent thousands replacing everything but I'll take a fraction of that considering I don't want them just sitting around.

Original price for everything was probably $3,000. I'll ask for $1,000 SHIPPED for everything: 4 rotors and 8 pads. If you have any questions or need any information just LMK. Thanks

The CLK63 OEM rotors are over $1,000/each because they are two piece,

You're right about the dealer prices but parts.com is selling the same OEM rotor for around $600 ea.

I'm not sure how much life is left in these front rotors because as you can see a lip has formed on the outer edge.

The front rotor is trash. You can see the groove is completely gone. But your rear rotor is still new because the groove is still there.

the aluminum hats can be reused and the steel rotor outer rings replaced to save $$$ and achieve significant weight savings with a 2 piece design.

This is false !!! The hats can't be reuse and you can not just buy the steel rotor outer rings. Not a single company out there offer to sell just the outer ring.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Klinh
You're right about the dealer prices but parts.com is selling the same OEM rotor for around $600 ea.
There are various places to get parts at discount prices, I was quoting dealer prices because that is the baseline. I couldn't find them for that cheap when I looked for replacements either. Thanks for being a dick though in my ad.

The front rotor is trash. You can see the groove is completely gone. But your rear rotor is still new because the groove is still there.
I state in the ad that it is pretty much used up (lip shows how much is worn away) AND I show clear photos. What's trashy though is coming into someone's for sale thread and calling things trash when you don't know what the intended use is. I wasn't misleading people by telling them these rotors had a lot of life in them, now was I? These are intended for a project or temporary use. It's a pretty easy DIY job to change rotors and pads so it may be good enough for someone to use for a little bit.

This is false !!! The hats can't be reuse and you can not just buy the steel rotor outer rings. Not a single company out there offer to sell just the outer ring.
Don't come into my thread claiming statements are false when you don't know that for a fact. The hats CAN be reused and there was someone on the forum looking for them. The rotors are two piece. The only part that wears out is the ring which is designed to be used up. The center does not wear out and is made from billet aluminum, which is the expensive part, not the steel ring. Just because you can't find anyone that sells an outer ring doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. These are brembo brakes and people do make replacement parts for them. I even know someone locally was going to have his own rings made and sell them as replacements but I got tired of waiting.

So why don't you GTFO of here before running off your mouth? I didn't misadvertise or falsify any of my ad despite your offensive commentary.

The price is OBO as I just want these gone.

Last edited by Nero Tenebre; 02-25-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There are various places to get parts at discount prices, I was quoting dealer prices because that is the baseline. I couldn't find them for that cheap when I looked for replacements either. Thanks for being a dick though in my ad.

I did said that you're right about the dealer price. The I told you to where you can get the OEM cheaper then the dealer. Why are you pissed?

I state in the ad that it is pretty much used up (lip shows how much is worn away) AND I show clear photos.

Now you said "used up'. That's totally diffferent then what you said "I'm not sure how much life is left in these front rotors". and that why i pointed out for you that the rotors is trash because no more groove left.

Just because you can't find anyone that sells an outer ring doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Prove me wrong then. Just list one compnay that make replacement outer ring for OEM hat.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:25 PM

I did said that you're right about the dealer price. The I told you to where you can get the OEM cheaper then the dealer. Why are you pissed?

I state in the ad that it is pretty much used up (lip shows how much is worn away) AND I show clear photos.

Now you said "used up'. That's totally diffferent then what you said "I'm not sure how much life is left in these front rotors". and that why i pointed out for you that the rotors is trash because no more groove left.

Just because you can't find anyone that sells an outer ring doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Prove me wrong then. Just list one compnay that make replacement outer ring for OEM hat.

There are photos in my ad that explain everything. Thanks for pointing out "for me" that these are "trash", with such benevolence and good will towards me, I'm not sure why I'd be upset. I'm not going to run around doing extra work to prove you wrong so stop wasting my time. Wait till you sell something and I come take a ***** on your thread and see how you feel about it. You are so self absorbed you can't see what a major d!ck you are and you have to ask why I'm pissed? I'm pissed because you rudely trashed my thread and called me a liar. ******.

Last edited by Nero Tenebre; 02-25-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm not going to run around doing extra work to prove you wrong so stop wasting my time..
Running around.....?? Have you ever heard of GOOGLE? I never said you're a liar. But if you feel like it then prove me wrong. Just list one company that make replacement outer ring for OEM hat.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:15 PM

Running around.....?? Have you ever heard of GOOGLE? I never said you're a liar. But if you feel like it then prove me wrong. Just list one company that make replacement outer ring for OEM hat.
You called me a liar when you screamed "this is false !!!", like the world was on fire and you're the fire marshall.

Have you ever thought of the shocking possibility that it might take more work than just a google search? Or that it might be something that someone might want for a custom project? Thanks for all your positive contribution though I'm sure someone will return the favor.

Here is you in another post talking about being interested in just the rings of two piece rotors (why didn't you just GOOGLE it??): https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ml#post5397054 Like I said, I'm not going to work for you. I wonder though, how did the member in that thread replace just his rings when "not a single company" sells them. Your post #7 where you said you want them is funny. I guess you can add being a hypocrite to being rude and obnoxious.

Obviously you aren't interested in buying these nor would I sell anything to you, so please don't waste any more of our time by posting here again. We don't need to interact any more because it's not going anywhere, and since this is my for sale thread I'll ask you mind your own business and please leave. Thanks.

Last edited by Nero Tenebre; 11-23-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 11-24-2013, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here is you in another post talking about being interested in just the rings of two piece rotors (why didn't you just GOOGLE it??): https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ml#post5397054 Like I said, I'm not going to work for you. I wonder though, how did the member in that thread replace just his rings when "not a single company" sells them. Your post #7 where you said you want them is funny. I guess you can add being a hypocrite to being rude and obnoxious. .

Now you know how I know you lied about reuse the hat and just buy the out ring to save money. Yes, I want them but no company make just the ring to reuse with the OEM hat. That's member replaced the Brembo kit on his M5. The last time I checked, you're selling trashed OEM Mercedes Clk63 rotor and telling people that "the aluminum hats can be reused and the steel rotor outer rings replaced to save people money". Like I said, list just one company that you can buy just the outer ring so you can reuse the OEM hat.

Last edited by Klinh; 11-24-2013 at 02:51 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:12 AM

Now you know how I know you lied about reuse the hat and just buy the out ring to save money. Yes, I want them but no company make just the ring to reuse with the OEM hat. That's member replaced the Brembo kit on his M5. The last time I checked, you're selling trashed OEM Mercedes Clk63 rotor and telling people that "the aluminum hats can be reused and the steel rotor outer rings replaced to save people money". Like I said, list just one company that you can buy just the outer ring so you can reuse the OEM hat.
I didn't lie about anything you annoying little pr1ck. Your sentences structure doesn't even make sense so let me try and make this clear again. If I were a liar I wouldn't post in focus, macro photos of everything for sale. You're a hypocrite and you claimed nobody makes replacement rings even though you knew people had replaced only their rings before. You couldn't find them yourself and you're still trying to bait me into finding them for you after you came in here and crapped on my ad, haha. You think you're knowledgable but it sounds like you don't even know that Mercedes uses brembo brakes since you think the M5 is somehow different. The CLK63 caliper even has the brembo part number still stamped into it. So last time I checked, these are brembo brakes and like that guy's M5, aluminum hats can be reused- but you already knew that when you attempted to defame me. I'll ask you again not to post here anymore. I'm not hunting down the rings so no need to ask again. I've already proved you knew it was possible and that's enough to show your character. Please leave. Thanks

Last edited by Nero Tenebre; 11-24-2013 at 03:20 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You're a hypocrite and you claimed nobody makes replacement rings even though you knew people had replaced only their rings before.

The CLK63 caliper even has the brembo part number still stamped into it. So last time I checked

I claimed NO BODY make replacement ring for the Clk63 OEM hats that you're trying to to sell. You lied about your used Clk63 rotor hat can be reuse and just buy the outer ring to save money. Like I said, prove it !! If you tell them how to save money, then at least, list the company that you claimed to know for the buyer.

Yes, Brembo made most of all the high performance car brake including Mercedes and So is Bilstein strut/shocks for older AMG cars. Even KW coilover is on the AMG BS. So what? Just because the M5 owner done it, it does not mean Mercedes, Ford, Honda , Toyota...LOL can do it too. So then why Brembo does not offer to sell just the out ring rotor as a replacement for Mercedes? I bet you didn't know, the Brembo hat are different then the Mercedes hat even though Brembo make them for Mercedes. Dude, I'll shut up once you provide me the part numbers of the out ring rotor that can be use with OEM hat.

Last edited by Klinh; 11-24-2013 at 05:35 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 C230K SS (sold), 06 C55 (sold), 08 Yamaha R1 (sold), 16 X5M
Not that I want to get involved but this banter should probably stop soon.

With that said, I unfortunately need to back Klinh on this one. You can't just replace the mercedes outer rings and reuse the hats. If you wanted that option you would have to go to (i believe its racingbrake.com...there you can buy their full set up and then they provide just the ring replacements allowing you to reuse THEIR custom designed aluminum hats.

Unfortunately you gotta write this one off to yet another way MB wants to rape and pillage you for all ya got!

But of course this is only from my 5 year experience with mercedes cars and being around the forums. I can't 100% say that someone out there has never made them. But you dont just get custom rings made, custom hats, sure that is much easier of a process.

But again, lets say we move on from the bickering, this forum is about helping each other and although I know his posts didn't sound like it. The new guy out there might misconstrue your description of rotors as something he very well can use. Clinh is just trying to keep it all honest and keep the most accurate information out there. Maybe you did know, maybe you didn't know. The point is, this is not the place for name calling and foul language. It's unbecoming.

Last edited by maverik259; 11-24-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by maverik259
Clinh is just trying to keep it all honest and keep the most accurate information out there.

Exactly what I was trying to do. My choices of words might sound like I called him out but believe me, I'm not. If this thread was not about selling the rotors, I'm sure he would not be offended of what I said.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:28 AM

Exactly what I was trying to do. My choices of words might sound like I called him out but believe me, I'm not. If this thread was not about selling the rotors, I'm sure he would not be offended of what I said.
It's rare you come across someone so crass, they will not leave despite being asked politely and repeatedly. You came into my thread and what you did was rude and what you continue to do is be rude. Now you are trying to back down from it and say it's your choice of words that "sounds "like it. You flat out called me a liar a few times when what I posted is clear photos and a description saying they were worn rotors with a lip forming. I also essentially said they are two piece rotors and that is a very different animal than when you have a rotor that is one piece because then the whole rotor is worn. With two piece rotors there is a possibility for replacing just a worn part due to the inherent design character, which is exactly what I said. Nobody would buy these expecting to use them for any prolonged length of time and I also offered to measure them to figure out how much life is left. I'm not trying to deceive anyone here and to be attacked in my own ad is just ridiculous. If you had any manners you would have maybe asked if I knew where to buy the rotor rings and mentioned you couldn't find them anywhere, but what you did instead is scream that I was lying like you had to warn everyone. Of course I am offended at what you said precisely because this is MY for sale thread and not the appropriate place for your comments.

If you want to discuss where to find replacement rings or where to buy oem parts for cheaper than msrp, start a different thread. If you don't like my price or something in my own ad, just move along and have some courtesy. This thread is for the sale of this item and perhaps questions related to it. I asked you repeatedly to move on from the bickering, but you insist on carrying it on. You've fulfilled your social responsibility fire warden so once again, don't post in here again. There is enough information in this thread for a buyer to make an informed decision and I'm not afraid of that since I'm not here to deceive anyone.

Last edited by Nero Tenebre; 02-25-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 slk320
Easy boys!

I think we are all up for a good discussion in the correct forum but classifieds? Sometimes written words don't express emotion, or the wrong one, and it can escalate, as this has. I believe Adam at Adam's rotors can make the rings. Not sure so don't start yelling at me . Worth a call and may add value to these rare beauties. Hope everyone remembers what's important in life and enjoy the holidays.
Peace
Old 11-27-2013, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 C230K SS (sold), 06 C55 (sold), 08 Yamaha R1 (sold), 16 X5M
EXACTLY!
Old 12-01-2013, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by hormoth
I think we are all up for a good discussion in the correct forum but classifieds? I believe Adam at Adam's rotors can make the rings.
Exactly- not in the classifieds. And thanks for your suggestion on the rotor rings for buyers. Happy Holidays.

Bump for any offers btw, don't want to hang onto these so don't be shy. $800 OBO

Last edited by Nero Tenebre; 12-01-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hormoth
I believe Adam at Adam's rotors can make the rings.

Nope !!! I asked them it the past to make for my Slk55 w'030 package and they said no.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:43 PM

Nope !!! I asked them it the past to make for my Slk55 w'030 package and they said no.
Hey I just wanted to say thanks for your persistent douchebagery!

Maybe you don't understand what DON'T POST HERE AGAIN means. Buyers will obviously look around themselves but you've made sure to take any opportunity to ruin my thread with exclamatory joy and enthusiasm. The front rotors are not the only thing for sale here anyways even though you've turned the focus of this thread onto them. Please unsubscribe now and find your satisfaction elsewhere. Thanks
Old 12-16-2013, 02:01 PM

Front Pads $200
Rear Pads $100
Front Rotors $300
Rear Rotors $200
Old 12-19-2013, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
took me less than 30 seconds to find a major player that will make any rotor you desire. custom rings, hats you name it they can make it.

like a couple kids i should put you both in a round room and make you both stand in the corner!
http://www.colemanracing.com/Custom-...ild-It-W9.aspx
Old 12-19-2013, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
took me less than 30 seconds to find a major player that will make any rotor you desire. custom rings, hats you name it they can make it.

like a couple kids i should put you both in a round room and make you both stand in the corner!
http://www.colemanracing.com/Custom-...ild-It-W9.aspx
I don't need to stand in any corners- I never looked because I'm not interested in the product and it's the buyer's job. I already bought my new rotors at much greater expense and I'm selling my old used parts for cheap. Whatever plans someone has for them is not really my concern, posting accurate photos and descriptions of the items for sale is what belongs in a classified ad.

Anyway, since your post is not derogatory/defamatory/offensive I do appreciate a positive contribution here so thanks.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
SLK55 AMG - Renntech Supercharged
Here's the price for the rotors new online:

The rear rotors are a good deal, as they are close to new and he's asking $90 per pair less than new.

The fronts are worn out, but the hats can be reused with aftermarket rotors.

I checked on pricing today, and a single aftermarket rotor can be had (cross-drilled) for around $300 each. So that's $300 plus the $150 (used hat each) + $25 shipping brings you to $475 for a new rotor and old hat that cost $588. That's a savings of a little over $100 per rotor in the front.

Not a bad deal, as it has a potential of saving someone around $300 total if you're willing to ship the used rotor off to have a custom front rotor manufactured.

Last edited by Grip Grip; 12-19-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:17 AM

I was doing some bbk parts research for my NSX and I found out that Stoptech makes replacement rings for brembo rotors. I didn't verify but they have a 355x32mm that may fit (I replaced mine with this size and racing brake says it fits the pads and caliper better). Their aerorotors rings are sold here: http://www.zeckhausen.com/Brembo/Consumables.htm#Rotors

Last edited by Nero Tenebre; 12-22-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Grip Grip
Here's the price for the rotors new online:

The rear rotors are a good deal, as they are close to new and he's asking $90 per pair less than new.

The fronts are worn out, but the hats can be reused with aftermarket rotors.

I checked on pricing today, and a single aftermarket rotor can be had (cross-drilled) for around $300 each. So that's $300 plus the $150 (used hat each) + $25 shipping brings you to $475 for a new rotor and old hat that cost $588. That's a savings of a little over $100 per rotor in the front.

Not a bad deal, as it has a potential of saving someone around $300 total if you're willing to ship the used rotor off to have a custom front rotor manufactured.

I was so excited with these infos. So I emailed them and sorry, but they told me that they don't re-use the OEM hat and screws/nuts. Their rotor would come with new hat and nuts/bolts. So the $300 for used rotors to sent over to them for sample is consider lost $$$ R&D expense. If you add these money, now you're pay more then $588 and it not OEM part.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:19 PM

bump all parts still for sale OBO:

Front Pads $200
Rear Pads $100
Front Rotors $300
Rear Rotors $200

Last edited by Nero Tenebre; 02-25-2014 at 04:27 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: CLK63 AMG Front (2-PIECE 360x32mm) & Rear Rotors (330x26mm) + Renntech Pads