Notices

Airmatic Malfuntion error 5240 5255

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E Convertible
Airmatic Malfuntion error 5240 5255

Hi there i have a 2007 CLS 320 on airmatic recently the rear left was going all the way down on a night i decided to get the car plugged in to a computer no fault codes came up i then decided to change the air bag as it was going faster once car was switched off taking about half an hour. I decided to change the airbag for a new 1 once fitted the car was fine and stayed up once switched off about day after i was driving the car and it said malfunction on the dash and once i checked the left rear it had gone down while the car was still runing i got the car plugged into a computer once again and it has the following fault codes 5240 5245 5250 5255 also says left rear solenoid valve 1 & 2 open circuit. My friend told me it was probly the wire i however thort the new airbag so to test i thort i'd try the old airbag with the leak back on the airbag once fitted lifted the car back up again however i reset fault codes which came back also the old airbag is staying up now once car is switched off and left however im am afraid to drive the car as im unsure if this fault blew the other airbag and mite do the same with this one as i think that it keeps filling the bag with air it felt quit bumpy on the rear left as well
if any one can 1 can help or offer advice i would be most grateful
Old 12-10-2015, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E Convertible
btw the airmatic strut on my car is the older kind and has a reservoir tank and currently i have the new reservoir tank fitted with the old air strut/bag