OBD scan tool

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C230 SPORT
OBD scan tool

HELLO ALL,
I'm wanting to get an OBD scanning tool that connects to my smart phone via bluetooth. I know there are many out there but I'd like to get one that is actually useful and not just a box that gives minimal useless info. I'd appreciate feed back from the community who has used some and why they like or don't like what they have.
Thanks in advance.
Frank
Old 12-13-2016, 02:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
You are wasting your money----use the thirty bucks to buy the wife dinner!!
Old 12-19-2016, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 139 Posts
2018 GLC 4MATIC
Originally Posted by FrankL
HELLO ALL,
I'm wanting to get an OBD scanning tool that connects to my smart phone via bluetooth. I know there are many out there but I'd like to get one that is actually useful and not just a box that gives minimal useless info. I'd appreciate feed back from the community who has used some and why they like or don't like what they have.
Thanks in advance.
Frank
A few years ago I bought Carista for customizing Audi. Works with MB. When I had check engine light I was able to get a code and description.
Im not sure if it reads trany codes.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:00 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
W211 E55 AMG
Recently bought a Launch X431 EasyDiag Plus 2.0 following recommendations on here, haven't received it yet but apparently it can read and clear fault codes.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 139 Posts
2018 GLC 4MATIC
Originally Posted by supreame
Recently bought a Launch X431 EasyDiag Plus 2.0 following recommendations on here, haven't received it yet but apparently it can read and clear fault codes.
Carista does it too but cost less. I think it was $30
Old 04-06-2021, 07:27 PM

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 GLC300 & 2009 SL550 (previously had 1999 CLK / 2006 E500 / 2011 GL450)
Bumping this thread -- does anyone know what MB did for the 2020 (and later) GLC for the OBD2 interface? My iCarSoft still won't read the car, nor will my Allstate Drivewise (insurance Nanny, I call it) that just got a diagnostic function. Neither can communicate with the 2020 GLC...

So what's different about the 2020 GLC that I have that nothing reads it?

Does anyone have a scanner that works on these newer cars?
Old 02-12-2023, 02:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 W222 4Matic, '15 ML63, '12 W251, '08 W251
Carly does NOT do what you need it to do

Originally Posted by DanD.
A few years ago I bought Carista for customizing Audi. Works with MB. When I had check engine light I was able to get a code and description.
Im not sure if it reads trany codes.
Oh come on man. I just got through asking these people if their scanner does MB and they emphatically said it does NOT. Are you paid a finder fee for everyone who signs up after clicking your link?
Feb 6, 2023, 21:20 GMT+1

Does the Carly premium scanner package allow me to see real time air ride system information for the Mercedes W251 (R Class) and allow me to set max up and down height and reset the system as well?
Klaus (Carly) (Carly)

Feb 8, 2023, 03:22 GMT+1

Hi,

thanks for contacting us!

Here you can find an overview of functions for your model: https://carly.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a...orted-Features

However, due to the different ECUs and software versions that may be installed in your car, we cannot confirm that these functions will work for your car.

Before you unlock all Carly Features, we recommend that you check the free Lite Version of the app first. If a function is not only offered for your model, but also supported with your control units, it will be shown as available to you within the Lite Version. To run it, you will have to unlock the Carly Features.

We're continuously working on development of new features and happy to announce that extended functionality is now available for Ford, Opel (incl. Vauxhall), Toyota (incl. Lexus), Renault (incl. Dacia), Volvo, Porsche and Peugeot! From now on, you can run complete diagnostics of all installed control units and even repair the fault codes yourself with our advanced Smart Mechanic function! Moreover, you can work with engine live data and perform a used car check for some of the mentioned brands!!

Please let me know in case you have more questions!

Best,

-

Klaus - Carly Expert Team

Bekomme praktische Tipps & Lösungen von den Profi-Mechanikern bei Carly! / Get applicable advice from experts with Carly!

Klaus (Carly) (Carly)

Feb 8, 2023, 03:22 GMT+1

Hi,

thanks for contacting us!

Here you can find an overview of functions for your model: https://carly.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a...orted-Features

However, due to the different ECUs and software versions that may be installed in your car, we cannot confirm that these functions will work for your car.

Before you unlock all Carly Features, we recommend that you check the free Lite Version of the app first. If a function is not only offered for your model, but also supported with your control units, it will be shown as available to you within the Lite Version. To run it, you will have to unlock the Carly Features.

We're continuously working on development of new features and happy to announce that extended functionality is now available for Ford, Opel (incl. Vauxhall), Toyota (incl. Lexus), Renault (incl. Dacia), Volvo, Porsche and Peugeot! From now on, you can run complete diagnostics of all installed control units and even repair the fault codes yourself with our advanced Smart Mechanic function! Moreover, you can work with engine live data and perform a used car check for some of the mentioned brands!!

Please let me know in case you have more questions!

Best,

​​​​​​​