Notices

mercedes citan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
focus st
mercedes citan

hi all having a real nightmare with this van ive resprayed.ok so i get the van and the owner says.. its got a bit of an issue with the central locking and lights dont go into main beam and the indicators have a minds of there own.so i say sounds like the body module is knackered..
anyway after spraying the car the battery is flat so i put it on the battery charger for around 25 mins, power comes on but not enough to crank it.so i switch over to boost start.On doing this i loose all power i changed the battery again ive no power.so i test the fuses with a volt meter and oddly im getting power to all the fuses. but nothing works .lights ignition nothing inside the car its completely dead,so i buy a new bcm plug it in still dead.
i put the old bcm in and again dead so i take a wire off the positive pole on the battery and run it to the fuse box,i unplug the ignition cut out fuse and i put the end to that and everything comes to life ,i cant start it however and the window wipers dont stop.

question does the new bcm need coding to the car,can i do this with delphi,or have i lost a live somewhere,ive replaced all the fuses on top of the battery the pink 250 amp etc etc and still nothing,hes wantiing the van back this thursday when he gets back from holiday and i have no idea,why i lost power and although ive checked then double checked changed fuses checked fuses and have power to all the fuses i dont understand why nothing is working ,has the key uncoded itself..
any help to get this absolute nail out of my life will be awsome cheers all for pointing me in the direction to fix it before he gets back and never again will i involve with myself with a citan renault dodgy throw together van..i respray mercs all the time love the cars never had any problems.but as soon as i get an ugly frankenstein van my 100% no problems is shattered,,,
Old 08-17-2020, 09:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
E400 W207 C320 W203
Does the key turn?...or is the steering locked? Do you get any lights on the instrument cluster? If so, you may be able to do a scan.
Old 04-26-2023, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
citan 109 cdi
sticking clutch pedal

my citan van as sticking clutch pedal .does anyone no what the problem is