Notices

CEL Transmission Code 087 500 Oil Pressure Sensor D has Electrical Fault (Stored)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTS
Exclamation CEL Transmission Code 087 500 Oil Pressure Sensor D has Electrical Fault (Stored)

Hi all,

So I just bought a 2016 AMG GTS Edition one which I absolutely love. After driving it around for the day I decided to take it for a touchless wash (stupid I know) there was no wash to the under carriage or engine bay but the jets are fairly strong. Almost immediately after coming out of the wash the CEL tunred on. I drove around for a bit and there were no issues at all with the car. I then parked for the night and took it to our resident merc expert who spent 5 days trying to resolve the problem to no avail.

I have collected the car today with the CEL still on and the mechanic gave me the following code under transmission 087 500 Oil Pressure Sensor D has electrical fault. The mechanic has called all his contacts and even checked the Mercedes database and no one has ever come across this.

Does anyone have any ideas. I have it booked in with the dealer to look at on Saturday but the dealer here in Dubai isnt great so I dont have much hope of them solving it.

Regards,
Hani