2003 CL55 spewing oil

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG, 2012 C250 Coupe
2003 CL55 spewing oil

Hello all,

To cut straight to the chase, I was driving on the freeway in the early morning, and then the car said “ABC visit workshop” but not a red warning. Then it came up with a red Engine oil warning, and spilled all of its oil on the highway. Of course it started smoking because of the oil getting on hot parts. I pull it over and the car is slammed with no power steering, clearly indicating Tandem Pump failure. However, when it was being put on the tow truck, it started right up, jumped back into the max suspension height, power steering now returned, and drove right on the truck with the only issue being oil leaking. After I towed it home, I put it on jacks and took a look. Unfortunately I couldn’t find anything that was already exploded or something of that sort. It’s on the drivers side around the accessory drive. I put new oil in and turned it on very quickly to see where it was, but too much oil was coming out and made it near impossible to determine where the oil was coming from.

Does anyone have any idea what could have happened? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.