Test Use this forum to test posting messages and pictures before posting on the actual forum. If you are a new user, this is a great place to learn how to post.

Why are the vents different

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2003 | 08:15 AM
Almost a Member!

Why are the vents different

I have a question regarding the two attached pics. Note that they are both taken from a 1997 S500 but they are different.
Look at pic A, notice the hot cold air flow buttons are side by side, with what looks like a little speaker or sensor above. Above that there is an orange oval. However, in pic B the hot/cold air flow buttons are on top of each other. After searching forums and looking at different cars on ebay I have come to the conclusion that pic A is a car that is equiped with parktronic. If this is in fact part of the parktronic system, is that the speaker above the hot/cold airflow buttons? also, what is the orange oval for? Does is show where the object is located relative to the sensors in the bumper?

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\A249092\My Documents\My Pictures\ctr_cons_A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\A249092\My Documents\My Pictures\ctr_cons_B.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by MPM77; 02-11-2003 at 08:18 AM.