Test Use this forum to test posting messages and pictures before posting on the actual forum. If you are a new user, this is a great place to learn how to post.

W201 engine conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'95 Rover Mini Sidewalk '03 Peugeot 206 HDi
W201 engine conversion

Hi there from Scotland, Im a lifelong Merc enthusiast but a bit of a noob on this site. Currently drive a D Turbo Peugeot 206 and a Classic Mini 1275. Always wanted a Merc and definitely considering it for the near future so need a few tips, here's what im looking for. Would love a 190E 2.5 16valver..who wouldnt, but due to being 19 atm (20 by the time it comes to purchasing a Benz) and having a 60mile round trip for work it just wouldn't be very clever to buy one. I am still on the hunt for a 190 however, and would like to have a good combination of performance and economy. Ive heard all the stories concerning the Diesel 190s, being very very slow and same goes for the 1.8 and 2.0 petrol. My question is what is a sensible engine swap to give me the performance/economy? Im up for a challenge (no job is impossible in my mind) but would prefer to stay away from 220 CDIs etc due to all the electronic magic that goes on within them. Other plans include full Cosworth body kit/interior and a set of Lorinser RS 90s Any tips would be very much appreciated.
Martyn