Test Use this forum to test posting messages and pictures before posting on the actual forum. If you are a new user, this is a great place to learn how to post.

S550 Radio Not Working When Raining

Old 12-20-2018, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
S550 Radio Not Working When Raining

I purchased a beautiful 2012 S550. The only aftermarket I had performed was window tinting a week after I purchased it. When it rains the radio does not work. It has several variations from time to time of what the screen displays when the radio system is out. Most of the time it displays "device not available." After the rain has ended and the car has been dried it usually takes a day or so for the radio to begin working. Keep in mind the CD player will not work either. Could the tint on the rear window have anything to do with this issue along with the rain? Is something getting wet inside the trunk that I cannot detect and causing this failure? This is so frustrating because it rains a lot in Pittsburgh and as soon as it begins raining and the car gets wet the radio quits working. When it is dry outside the radio system works great. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thanks