Test Use this forum to test posting messages and pictures before posting on the actual forum. If you are a new user, this is a great place to learn how to post.

Underperforming Cls 550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Cls 550 Base
Underperforming Cls 550

Just purchased a 2012 Cls 550 (base) with 118k miles, and i’ve gone ahead and began fixing some leaks and such while keeping up with maintenance because i’ve been worried about it being a high mileage car and all. Anyway I am starting to notice more and more some things that have got me worried.

Firstly the vehicle itself feels like it is underperforming, not nearly as “mean” as it should be, the acceleration lags quite a bit before really getting into it and it seems like it’s even a bit quieter than it should be. Now i’m not for sure on that last part but i’ve seen videos of other 550’s and it seems the case, as well i’ve been noticing that it’s not starting up as fast as it should real king tries to for around 3 seconds sometimes and just feels like there are more issues I need to be addressing.

Anyway if anyone has some tips on what I should look at, and Any other helpful advice for a high mileage then I would really Appreciate it!
Old 11-10-2020, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Cls 550 Base
Ticking noise as well

There is a very noticeable ticking noise immediately after shutoff, I am aware that this can be normal due to parts cooling down but it’s even the case Right after starting it for 10ish seconds even and turning it off. I’ve heard this could be a timing belt possibly which could be contributing to loss of power but not too sure.

Video below: