Test Use this forum to test posting messages and pictures before posting on the actual forum. If you are a new user, this is a great place to learn how to post.

2005 E320 CDI RED STOP SIGN ON DASH

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2022, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E320 CDI, 1993 300D
2005 E320 CDI RED STOP SIGN ON DASH

Within months of the brake recall 3-4 years ago, I got the red STOP sign on my dash with all the reduced braking warnings. I circled the block and parked it. After keeping my appointment using our 1993 300D, I checked the CDI and could not replicate the problem.
The dealer said to drive it to them. They diagnosed it as THE brake recall that most of us had been screaming for. After a couple of weeks, the dealer called and said that they could not get repair parts. I told them to let me know when they had them installed and I would return their loaner. After a few more weeks, they said that the company had authorized them to use rebuilt parts and asked me if that would be OK. I told them that was their warranty and call when they had it fixed. My car was ready in about 2 more weeks.
That worked until last year. CDI would not start and growled under the hood near the right front around the brake octopus. I made sure the battery was charged and tried again. Got the RED STOP sign on the dash, and the key would not turn from 0. Since I cannot get it out of park, it is stuck in the driveway. I will not have it skidded on and off a carryback, but it can be towed from the rear.
Before I trust the dealer to 'fix' it again, has anyone else had a similar experience?