Test Use this forum to test posting messages and pictures before posting on the actual forum. If you are a new user, this is a great place to learn how to post.

Mercedes ME - PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 01:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes e63s AMG 2018
Mercedes ME - PROBLEM

Hi there,

I have recently imported a 2018 Mercedes e63s AMG from USA to Europe. Everything went alright, but the Mercedes Me app. simply wont work at all. I keep on getting Incorrect VIN when I keep on inserting the correct VIN number.. Anyhow, tried checking this problem with a couple local dealers but none of them could actually help me out..
P.S. I love my car the way it is. don`t need the app. as a whole but would love having some of the perks it offers.

Every possible help/ suggestion or a piece of an advise would be highly appreciated.. Below is my VIN number just in case ..

VIN: WDDZF8KB8JA213797
Old 12-01-2022, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,782 Likes on 2,528 Posts
2019 C63CS
You should post in the technical subforum. This is the test forum. But to answer your question, the Mercedes me app is region specific. Each region has its own app. It's largely the same code, but it's configured for each region differently. Since your VIN is a US VIN, it will only work with the Mercedes me app downloaded from the US app stores and all the Mercedes me services will be the US services as well. Does the car even have a connection? US cars with mBrace use Verizon, which is not the GSM carrier, so the modem in the car may not work in Europe.

Last edited by superswiss; 12-01-2022 at 01:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ZZtop (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 02:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes e63s AMG 2018
Thank you for your answer.. Indeed the car has no internet connection.. I will post in the technical sub forum.. I am testing out since this is my first thread .. I would love to find a fay and get this thing going to make full use of the perks

Thanks again