Notices

MB Service department in Houston

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300
MB Service department in Houston

Im having an issue with service department in Houston. My wife's car is making a noise near the passenger side windshield. Its an aggravating knocking noise that you hear while driving the car.

At first the dealership thought it was the speaker making the noise. They said they fixed the speaker and the noise is gone. When my wife went to pick the car up, the noise was still there.

She left the car at the service department for an additional week. A week goes by and we get a call from the service manager. He said that all the service advisors and the managers drove the car and hear the noise. They got the technicians to take all the parts apart to see what is causing the noise. The service manager said that they have exhausted all their efforts to try to find the noise and they cant find it. There's nothing else they can do but to return the car with the noise still there.

Is there anything else I could do? Is it fair for them to just dump the car back on us without fixing the problem?

The car is still under warranty. we have about 400miles left an the warranty will expire. The car is a 2008 c300 sport.

Does anyone have the phone number to a MB case manger I could speak to about this? what other steps can I do to address this?

Thanks.

Twin
Old 02-08-2011, 11:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
18 Titan XD 13 Cayenne TT 13 BMW HP4
Did you try a second dealership?
Old 02-08-2011, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300
Originally Posted by the head
Did you try a second dealership?
No, Im thinking about taking it to the MB in sugarland.