Notices

Anyone in Dallas looking for a good place to take their Merc..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63
Anyone in Dallas looking for a good place to take their Merc..

I did allot looking around for a descent Merc repair place. I was going to Autoscope until i got royally ripped off by them so needless to say, I was pretty careful with my decision on my next autoshop. I decided on Skylane Autohaus on Skylane Dr.. (pretty imaginative with the name lol) in Carrolton off of Midway. I just had my service "C" done there.. They were fast and everything came out perfect.. The reason I decided on them is because they have a mechanic by the name Truro.. He's supposed be a genius with anything that has to do with Mercedes.. I talked to him for a bit and he had no trouble helping with a cpl issues i have with my star diagnostic system. It was a great experience overall and i'll definitely be back..I had several ppl IM me when I posted what happend with Autoscope so I know some ppl are looking for a good place to take their Mercs.. I hope this is helpful to some ..
Old 11-18-2014, 10:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A teal Vespa with tassles and glitter. You know you're jealous.
Thanks for the info! Just came out here for work a couple months ago and will be bringing my C32 out here. Always hesitant to try new shops out without some sort of recommendation. Will keep them in mind when if I need anything handled on her.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 E350 Cab
I'm sorry, Truro may indeed be a Mercedes genius, but I will not be taking any business to Skylane Autohaus.

After I read the OP I called Skylane. The man who answered the phone was very friendly. I told him I had a "Visit Workshop" message on my dash and that a $40 Autozone code reader could not find a code. I then asked if Skylane could hook it up to their reader and get the code from it so I could determine whether I needed to take action immediately.

"You just want us to read the code? No problem. Will take you about 5 minutes."

I then told him that I would be coming from downtown, and asked when was a good time. "Anytime - we're here." Who should I ask for? "The girl at the front will take care of you. Just come on up when you're ready."

So an hour or so later I drive up there - about a 30 minute trip. Walk in and there's a young woman sitting behind a counter. I tell he what I'm there for, and that I talked to someone earlier.

She calmly tells me (1) they won't hook it up to their computer until I pay them $100 ($90 plus tax) for a "full diagnostic," and (2) I'll need to leave the car and they'll call me when it's ready. She was not interested in anything I had to say, nor was she willing to let me talk to anyone else. She literally laughed out loud when I said "but it will only take 5 minutes."

I said "Have a nice day" and took the 30 minute drive back to the office. Wasted hour.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:52 PM

C300
Hello world...new to the DFW and looking for a place to take my wife's C300. Anyone ever heard of Hance's Automotive/European by Love field? I'm scheduled to take her car there this week for a few minor things.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 C350 Sedan
Originally Posted by jdigga99
Hello world...new to the DFW and looking for a place to take my wife's C300. Anyone ever heard of Hance's Automotive/European by Love field? I'm scheduled to take her car there this week for a few minor things.
If you mean Auto Hans - they are great. They were recommended to me and I've had a great experience there for my B service.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:16 PM

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
CLK63 BS
+1 for Auto Hans but they're off of the Addison Airport, not Love Field.

Originally Posted by Dynotrick
If you mean Auto Hans - they are great. They were recommended to me and I've had a great experience there for my B service.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:06 AM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
2013 CLS63, 2001 ML430, 2012 e350 coupe
not trying to sell me so i wont even mention my shop name, but i run a shop in DFW, i have done some work for Skylane, i wouldn't use them. When i do sub work they want as cheap as possible and i dont feel they are knowledgeable

Last edited by gixxerboy; 12-11-2015 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:22 AM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
2013 CLS63, 2001 ML430, 2012 e350 coupe
i've never used them but Dallas European Auto in Plano is supposed to be good, they are a Renntech location
Old 05-02-2016, 05:27 PM

'92 190E 2.6
I just used Prospeed on McCullum and Coit area to have my transmission replaced on my '92 190E 2.6. They even drove to Houston to get the new one since they're not easy to find. They gave me a price and did it plus replace the flexdisk and other parts for the same price. They're not fast but, it's better and cheaper than the dealer.