Notices

Cars & Coffee Austin Meet - March 2018

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 11:58 AM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 S AMG, Jaguar F Pace S
Originally Posted by AMG3.2
How often do these C&C events happen in Austin? I'm relocating to the area and will be a regular.
What he said. Welcome to Austin in advance!
Old 05-10-2018, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by AMGSuperSaloon
They will be held once per month. We've been on a hiatus while the CnC folks looked for a new venue but now that it's settled they'll be back to their regular monthly schedule. You can find the dates on their facebook page. Just search Cars and Coffee Austin.
Originally Posted by JWreck

What he said. Welcome to Austin in advance!
Awesome. Looking forward to the events.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:59 AM

Alright folks that want to go, I’ll be meeting a group of guys at XPEL Austin (8222 N Lamar Suite E40) to rollout to C&C at 7am Sunday. The C&C organizers won’t “reserve” spots for us with so few attending, but if we roll in together we can likely park side by side.

Otherwise, I’ll just see you when we are all there!
Old 05-15-2018, 03:44 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 AMG C63S Edition 1
I’ll see you at XPEL for the cruise in JWreck.

Looking forward to meeting you guys
Old 05-16-2018, 09:54 AM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
2010 C63
Edge Addicts will be hosting the HPDE weekend at COTA the 19th & 20th. They are offering $25 parade laps during the lunch hour on SUNDAY ONLY. Any car welcome, no tech inspection needed, low speed lead/follow - but still get to at least be on track for a few laps. This is certainly open to C&C participants with all of the nice cars that will be out there for that event. You guys can line up together and hopefully be on track in the same group.

I'll be volunteering as a lead/follow leader so maybe we can have an awesome AMG group But remember, it's restricted speed but still fun.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Clark Kent
Edge Addicts will be hosting the HPDE weekend at COTA the 19th & 20th. They are offering $25 parade laps during the lunch hour on SUNDAY ONLY. Any car welcome, no tech inspection needed, low speed lead/follow - but still get to at least be on track for a few laps. This is certainly open to C&C participants with all of the nice cars that will be out there for that event. You guys can line up together and hopefully be on track in the same group.

I'll be volunteering as a lead/follow leader so maybe we can have an awesome AMG group But remember, it's restricted speed but still fun.
how do we sign up??
Old 05-16-2018, 02:03 PM

2010 C63
The organizers will be in Garage #30, You can sign up there. To get to Garage #30 . . . you'll have to make your way to the paddock area. Right off of Lot A is the road to Tunnel 1 (Tunnel 1 goes under the track as it rises up the big hill to Turn 1). Turn left out of Lot A to get to Tunnel 1. Coming out of the tunnel you will start an uphill grade, look for an open gate to your left about 50 yards out of the tunnel. Second gate is about 150 yards out of the tunnel. Enter into the paddock area and look for a place to park that doesn't block a trailer or doesn't have gear as that spot is probably taken by a driver out on track. Please drive slowly and be on the watch for HPDE cars making their way around - and you'll be looking around trying to find your way. It can be a little confusing the first time out there.

I think there are 37 garages. #30 will be closer to the hill of Turn 1 as opposed to being near the Media Center.

I believe that they will queue up the Parade lap cars on the non-track side of the garage building (i.e. paddock side). From there it's just follow what the cars in front of you do.

If the road to Tunnel 1 is closed then you'll have to use Tunnel 2. But I doubt that because that's the route for the HPDE drivers. They both lead to the same area but HPDE drivers need to leave the track property for gas and then return for their next session, or in time for their student's session. So we don't want to mix a big line of C&C participants slowing entry of HPDE drivers. To get to Tunnel 2 from Lot A, turn right out of Lot A onto Circuit Of The Americas Blvd and travel one mile. You will see a guard shack, and probably other cars entering, stop at the guard shack at let them know what you are arriving for. You will have to sign a waiver to proceed (through either tunnel). Enter Tunnel 2, go for about 1/3 mile and you will see the same gate entrances (now on the right) I mentioned above. If you find yourself entering Tunnel 1 then you went to far.

And finally, I will chat with the organizers on Saturday to find out their final plans. If there's anything worth mentioning I will log on and post it.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:31 PM

The organizers will be in Garage #30, You can sign up there. To get to Garage #30 . . . you'll have to make your way to the paddock area. Right off of Lot A is the road to Tunnel 1 (Tunnel 1 goes under the track as it rises up the big hill to Turn 1). Turn left out of Lot A to get to Tunnel 1. Coming out of the tunnel you will start an uphill grade, look for an open gate to your left about 50 yards out of the tunnel. Second gate is about 150 yards out of the tunnel. Enter into the paddock area and look for a place to park that doesn't block a trailer or doesn't have gear as that spot is probably taken by a driver out on track. Please drive slowly and be on the watch for HPDE cars making their way around - and you'll be looking around trying to find your way. It can be a little confusing the first time out there.

I think there are 37 garages. #30 will be closer to the hill of Turn 1 as opposed to being near the Media Center.

I believe that they will queue up the Parade lap cars on the non-track side of the garage building (i.e. paddock side). From there it's just follow what the cars in front of you do.

If the road to Tunnel 1 is closed then you'll have to use Tunnel 2. But I doubt that because that's the route for the HPDE drivers. They both lead to the same area but HPDE drivers need to leave the track property for gas and then return for their next session, or in time for their student's session. So we don't want to mix a big line of C&C participants slowing entry of HPDE drivers. To get to Tunnel 2 from Lot A, turn right out of Lot A onto Circuit Of The Americas Blvd and travel one mile. You will see a guard shack, and probably other cars entering, stop at the guard shack at let them know what you are arriving for. You will have to sign a waiver to proceed (through either tunnel). Enter Tunnel 2, go for about 1/3 mile and you will see the same gate entrances (now on the right) I mentioned above. If you find yourself entering Tunnel 1 then you went to far.

And finally, I will chat with the organizers on Saturday to find out their final plans. If there's anything worth mentioning I will log on and post it.
Yes please let us know; I’m interested but that’s a decent amount of work to get to
Old 05-16-2018, 07:40 PM

2010 C63
I’m interested but that’s a decent amount of work to get to
lol, it's a lot of words, but not much driving. I recommend zooming in on the track with google maps in Satellite mode and my directions will become more clear. For example, Lot A is the one with the karting track embedded within it. Zoom in on the karting track and near that tightest hairpin turn you'll see a round-about - that's the road that leads to Tunnel1. Do you see the white '+' sign painted in the cement? That's near the first gate I was talking about. It's actually just walking distance from C&C. It's simple. After you make it to the paddock the first time it won't seem confusing ever again.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:50 PM

lol, it's a lot of words, but not much driving. I recommend zooming in on the track with google maps in Satellite mode and my directions will become more clear. For example, Lot A is the one with the karting track embedded within it. Zoom in on the karting track and near that tightest hairpin turn you'll see a round-about - that's the road that leads to Tunnel1. Do you see the white '+' sign painted in the cement? That's near the first gate I was talking about. It's actually just walking distance from C&C. It's simple. After you make it to the paddock the first time it won't seem confusing ever again.
Oh I know where it all is, been in there plenty of times. Just not sure if I feel like going through the hassle. I thought it was something I could sign up for prior to going.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:49 PM

2015 AMG C63S Edition 1

No 😢
Old 05-17-2018, 09:38 PM

2010 C63
Hey guys, go out to the Edge Addicts facebook page. Earlier today they posted info about C&C, parade lap tickets, and hot session tickets. This clears up the 'how do I sign up' question.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
w219 - CLS63 AMG, w166 - GLE63 AMG, f10 - 535xi sport
I'll be @ Expel bright and early on Sunday morning - pumped to meet you all!
Old 05-17-2018, 09:59 PM

Hey guys, go out to the Edge Addicts facebook page. Earlier today they posted info about C&C, parade lap tickets, and hot session tickets. This clears up the 'how do I sign up' question.
Yep I saw that too. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 05-18-2018, 10:00 AM

Hey maybe you can answer a couple of questions:

A) Do I need to bring my helmet for the parade laps?
B) Do you know how fast the parade laps are? (If they’re like 25mph then not worth it, 75mph max could be worth the small fee).
Old 05-19-2018, 07:53 PM

2010 C63
No helmet needed for parade laps.

I don't know the speed restrictions as that wasn't covered in the morning meeting. We mostly discussed the size of the impending crowd. They mentioned that there's going to be an autocross event tomorrow as well. Ask the ticket sellers your question about max speed. I am crossing my fingers for higher speeds down the two straights (75 sounds good) and something reasonable everywhere else.

Looking forward to meeting you guys if you come track side. Otherwise, enjoy C&C!
Old 05-20-2018, 07:53 AM

On my way to XPEL. Way too early for this
Old 05-20-2018, 08:04 AM

2015 AMG C63S Edition 1
I just came straight to COTA, don’t wait up
Old 05-20-2018, 01:17 PM

Well there was a small number of us together, and a couple more scattered around but it was nice to meet everyone I talked with!
Old 05-20-2018, 07:43 PM

2010 C63
AMGSuperSaloon, I'm guessing that was you that I saw on Hwy 290 @ 6:30'ish am. Timing is everything. Just as I had merged onto the freeway near S. Lamar you came along.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:35 PM

2015 AMG C63S Edition 1
AMGSuperSaloon, I'm guessing that was you that I saw on Hwy 290 @ 6:30'ish am. Timing is everything. Just as I had merged onto the freeway near S. Lamar you came along.
That was me. I was still waking up. Nice C63!
Old 05-21-2018, 01:41 PM

2015 AMG C63S Edition 1

Old 05-24-2018, 09:03 AM

2010 C63
That was me. I was still waking up. Nice C63!
- Thanks! Even in the dark, yours was looking clean and sharp as well.

Parade laps were a bit underwhelming. I mean they are meant to be slow to begin with, but even though I lead the first group of 10 cars out, we caught up with the last group by the middle of our final lap. We nearly came to a halt. I was told that max speed was to be 55 mph, so I did 65 mph down the back straight, lol. I would suggest to just sign up for a full day/weekend and have at it.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:06 AM

- Thanks! Even in the dark, yours was looking clean and sharp as well.

Parade laps were a bit underwhelming. I mean they are meant to be slow to begin with, but even though I lead the first group of 10 cars out, we caught up with the last group by the middle of our final lap. We nearly came to a halt. I was told that max speed was to be 55 mph, so I did 65 mph down the back straight, lol. I would suggest to just sign up for a full day/weekend and have at it.
It poured rain on my parade lap. Still got s cool shot. Waiting for full version to come in, but here’s a proof sample.