Notices

Pain shop in North Jersey?

Old 07-26-2016, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C class
Pain shop in North Jersey?

Gentlemen and gentleladies,

I've recently scratched my bumper. A little bit, but it was bothering me. At first I tried to fix it myself. I did a pretty good garage job for a guy who never done it before. However, I was struggling with blending clear coat (all I had was spray paint and no blender to mix with).

So I took my car to a Advanced Auto Body body shop in Bayonne, NJ. Unfortunately, their job was almost the same as mine. Yes, they've done it a little better, but probably the same I would have done it myself should I decide to give it another try. For a shop job though it is just terrible - there are still visible lines where old and new paint meets, and in some areas the are clear runs, and even one piece of sand sticking out... They charged me $250 for this. I think it is OK if it was a good job, but not for this...

So I'm pretty sad. What I am looking for is good paint shop that can repaint the bumper and make it look like new. My theory is that a good shop can do better than factory paint of C class.

Anyone can recommend me a good, reputable paint shop in North Jersey area who can take care of my baby Merz?

Thanks,
Vlad
Old 08-03-2016, 10:42 PM

Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts
2012 E350
If you are willing to go just a few minutes beyond Northern NJ, I recommend the body shop at Wide World of Cars in Spring Valley, NY. Wide World is a BMW, Ferrari and Maserati dealer. Excellent body shop.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:57 AM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
Why don't you call the nearest couple of MB dealerships to you and ask to speak to their service departments to find out who they use when their collision services group has to have a car re-painted? At least then you would know the shop has experience color matching MB vehicles. Just a thought.

Zavato's idea is good as well. Any body shop dealing in high-end vehicles should be have both the materials and skillset to do the kind of job you're looking for.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
11 S550 4MATIC
There's one in Paramus, they're pretty good. It's past Exxon station on Rt 17N in Paramus
Old 08-26-2016, 11:55 AM

C class
Thanks a lot, guys! I'll check out those indie shops.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:22 PM

Mercedes R888
Paint job

Did you ever found place for paint job for your MB.
I know a place
http://www.wrapmogul.com