V-Class 3 generations with first production year 1996...... V 230, V 280, V 200 CDI, V 220 CDI; Vito: Vito F 108 CDI, Vito F 110 CDI, Vito F 112 CDI, Vito F 113, Vito F 114; Marco Polo: Vito MP 108 CDI, Vito MP 110 CDI, Vito MP 112 CDI, Vito MP 113, Vito MP 114; Sprinter James Cook

v-class 'removing battery'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question v-class 'removing battery'

Could somebody kindly advise on how to change the battery on the v-class.
its located under the passengers seat in front. I kindly need more detailed instruction than what what was prviously posted on this site.
thanks don.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Vito 110 cdi van
Removing Vito battery

Hi Don, this message comes a year to late. No doubt you have found out how to remove the battery. I looked for answers on this forum but to no avail. My battery had seen better days, so i had no choice but to find out how to remove it myself and put the new battery in which was an exact Mercedes replacement battery. First i made sure no electrical items were switched on. The passenger seat is tilted forward to expose the battery. The removable metal panel of the battery compartment facing the passenger door was removed. This is where the battery slides out. The positive terminal battery clamp is removed with a fully insulated (sparks may otherwise fly) spanner or wrench. I found it was easier to remove the negative battery lead from it's floor fixing position rather than from the battery terminal itself, as it gave more flexibility when removing the battery from the compartment.The battery is secured in postion by 2 floor clamps at the front of the battery. These obviously need to be removed. Finally the fusebox is swung out of the way by removing the 2 securing pins at the bottom of the fusebox. I was carefull not to put any strain on the cables entering the rear of the fusebox. It was then tied up out of the way. This clears the way for the battery to be carefully removed without shorting the terminals on the metal battery compartment. Once removed, the negative terminal clamp can be removed.The battery has a vent tube on it which must be put back on the new battery. Insatallation of the replacement battery is the reverse of removing it.

Hope this helps any one else even though it was too late for Don

regards Reg