V-Class 3 generations with first production year 1996...... V 230, V 280, V 200 CDI, V 220 CDI; Vito: Vito F 108 CDI, Vito F 110 CDI, Vito F 112 CDI, Vito F 113, Vito F 114; Marco Polo: Vito MP 108 CDI, Vito MP 110 CDI, Vito MP 112 CDI, Vito MP 113, Vito MP 114; Sprinter James Cook

Vito (w639) 109CDI Traction Control Light & ABS light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG, CL500, Jag StypeR, SLK200, Aygo, Audi TT
Question Vito (w639) 109CDI Traction Control Light & ABS light

So bought a 2004 Vito 109CDI - all been good. Turned her on yesterday - all good. Didn't drive anywhere just moved it around on the drive to load some stuff in the back.

Today turned her on and Traction Control light came on (the wheel with arrows on it) and after about 2 mins also the ABS light came on.

Checked fuses - done the L to R steering wheel on full many times like 6 +

Luckily I have Star so plugged her in and got an ESP error and a Steering Angle Sensor error

So ESP : B1101 - No CAN message from control unit N30/4 Check parameterizaion LIMITER
and Steering Angle : B24/8 Check component using actual values

When I try to check actual it doesn't register any value other than 0. So a complete turn left doesn't change the value and a complete turn right doesn't either

My question is would a faulty Steering Angle Sensor really put both lights on? Or am I looking at an ESP issue as well?

Would like some advice if possible anyone - I've added the Star Diag pics .....

Old 06-24-2019, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG, CL500, Jag StypeR, SLK200, Aygo, Audi TT
So yes I try Calibration but it never gives any readings. It just stays at 0. So if I turn left / right that value dissent change.

To add to this I have checked I have both power (14.6v) and CANBUS (ohms around 55) signals at the plug into the Steering Angle Sensor. And yes I do. I have also check for power at the ESP unit pins 1-2 and 5-6 - both show 14.6v

I have now tried 4 different Steering Sensors and none of them give any actual values and when I try to calibrate I don't get any values from them when turning LEFT / RIGHT

My feeling was that maybe ESP has been deactivated due to fault and so calibration wont work at this stage. So I went for Actuations on the ESP control unit and ran a Road Test hoping this would re-activate ESP - sadly it didn't as I could successfully fulfil the criteria for the Road Test (drive over 10kph, turn left or right - turn more than 90 degrees then stop. Tried many times it fails the road test

I am totally lost. I really could do with someone that 1: understand EPS issues on the vito and 2 L: knows how to get Star Diag to do what is needed lol