V-Class 3 generations with first production year 1996...... V 230, V 280, V 200 CDI, V 220 CDI; Vito: Vito F 108 CDI, Vito F 110 CDI, Vito F 112 CDI, Vito F 113, Vito F 114; Marco Polo: Vito MP 108 CDI, Vito MP 110 CDI, Vito MP 112 CDI, Vito MP 113, Vito MP 114; Sprinter James Cook

Wipers rain detection does not work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vito
Wipers rain detection does not work

Hello.
Wipers switch has 4 positions : 0="Off" ; 1="Intermittent" ; 2="Speed 1" ; 3="Speed 2". "Intermittent" is also the automatic mode, using rain detection.

On a Vito year 2010, I've automatic lights and wipers. When I put the wipers on intermittent/automatic mode (position 1), they wipe only one time and won't wipe again even in a heavy rain. Positions 2 and 3 (speed 1 & 2) work fine. Spray works fine too : I get a squirt of water and a couple of wipes.

Since the sensor is the same for rain and light detection, I want to specify that lights on automatic mode work fine, during a day with sun they stay off until the night begins. To be sure I've put my hand on the sensor (just below the middle inside mirror) which turns the lights on, lights turn off as soon as I remove my hand from the sensor.

I've undserstood, maybe misunderstood, that when the sensor is broken wipers wipe non-stop (if sensor is broken just wipe). OBD2 does not give me any error code (tried several apps on Android with a Wifi OBD2 plug and even a real diagnostic tool).

What is my problem ? How can I fix that ?

Sorry English is not my mother language.
Thank you in advance.
Old 12-29-2021, 12:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
the wipers are not apart of the OBD you need factory or equal diagnostics to solve your problem or continue on with the FUYAA
Old 12-30-2021, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vito
Originally Posted by Plutoe
the wipers are not apart of the OBD you need factory or equal diagnostics to solve your problem or continue on with the FUYAA
What is FUYAA ? (I googled it but get all sort of results, don't know which is the good one)