Vintage Mercedes-Benz Owner Registry Member owned Sedans, Coupes, Cabriolets and Roadsters, circa 1970 and prior

vac line question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mb300d 84 mb300d 77 f100
Question vac line question

hi everyone i have been working on my 300d turbo 84 trying to get instrument lights working i could not get them working so i put instrument cluster back now engine starts fine but i cant shut off engine with key there are about 6 vac lines that go from engine bay to inside all of them hold vacume except ablack one it seems run up to steering its not connected to anything can anybody tell me to what it connects there are 2 brown lines to ign switch lock there is a green one goes to heater and yellow goes to doors i would be very greatfull if someone could point me in right direction thanks
Old 07-07-2014, 12:36 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
84 300d 2009 e320 bluetec
On the engine compartment there is a vacuum diagram that might be helpful. Also see:
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/...m-diagram.html discussion. Black line is just a vent? The rubber connectors to the plastic hoses may also become loose.

First, pull a vacuum on the shut off actuator and see it the engine shuts off.

Any break in the vacuum system will cause fail to shut off engine. Measure the vacuum off the brake boost to see if your getting vacuum, if not check the pump and the main hose - they get brittle and connectors snap. You need to isolate each hose to see it will hold a vacuum. google "mercedes 123 84 300d vacuum system diagram.