Brakes for W210 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Brakes for W210 E55

I am about to replace my brakes (yeah yeah I've been saying this since last year )... Brembo BBK is the ultimate answer... but way too expensive for me (don't track the car so cannot justify the $$$$). I think OEM size is good enough.

So, I've been scouring eBay... and found Brembo rotors (OEM size) cross-drilled slotted for E430 for only couple hundred bucks (I think 4 rotors + pads only < $500 ).

Are they good? Do you know whether they will fit my E55? I think AMG has bigger brakes... but I'm not sure

If not, anyone knows good place I could get OEM-size Brembo or other aftermarket brand (that is better than OEM)?

Also, what's a good brand & type for pads? Porterfield, Pagid, Axxis? Metallic, semi-metallic? I want to balance between quality vs. brake dusts (really hate the OEM pads...).

Also, do you think I should change the brake lines also? Stainless is good? Or not necessary?

Thanks bunch guys!
Old 05-19-2006, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
E430 rotors will not work. There's nothing wrong with the stock brakes, they just don't have "the look". The only thing I know of besides the complete changeout is the Disc Italia drilled rotors, but they are expensive at about $800.00 for the fronts, and I believe around $350.00 for the rears: http://www.brakeworld.com The Pagid pads should be fine, but I think they also sell matching pads.