Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 02:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smart Car
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HPS Supercharger

Originally posted by otoupalik
Eddy,

We have doen a dozen Kleemann cars or so and not had one that is not serviced by the owners home dealership. Theory and speculation is nice, reality is better!

Thanks

Brad
Excellent, than I don't see the point for kleemann to negociate any warrenty to go with the S/C. Stop looking for warrenty, ok?
Once again, I look at these two S/C as E class and S classs. Youhave more expensive probably more sofisticated product thatgoes for more -------HPS has something less but what many people can afford and want and dont look for more than that.
I dont see the need to have a boxing match here -it is clear to me at least that your target is people like sleestack while HPS will go to Timsters of this world.
I doubt at the end someone with HPS will haveless fun.
Sleestack after buying Kleemann has his car back to the shop for more so to him Kleemann is not enough.

As to servicing its one thing to go for a scedueled oil change and filter-I'm interested in knowing what happens when you come to them with "check engine" or ruogh idle or trasmission prolem of any kind for whatever reason.

If you dont have warrenty on a very expencive product I think you should expect to answer many questions stupid or not because people like jil88 put close to $20k in his S430 (wheels, tires and other sillystaff) and he stated himself that he would not touch Kleemann because of warrenty so warrenty is what you should concentrate on not arguing with HPS.

Last edited by Fast Eddy; 11-16-2002 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-16-2002, 02:20 PM
Banned

Smart Car
Originally posted by Mach430
I'm going for my free scheduled service B next week. My only concern is that they'll put 20 miles on it again!
Yes Bengy, they will balance your wheels, check tire pressure, change oil and filter,lubricate your antenna must and so on no argument there.
Hey, they usually put 10 miles on my car and I dont have S/C on it.
Old 11-16-2002, 02:37 PM
Banned

Smart Car
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HPS Supercharger

Originally posted by otoupalik
Eddy,

We have doen a dozen Kleemann cars or so and not had one that is not serviced by the owners home dealership. Theory and speculation is nice, reality is better!

Thanks

Brad
Wouldn't it make good business to offer for Evosport both Kleemann and HPS? you would cover pretty much everyone looking for Mercedes upgrade, more customers for you. You would not have to say much about HPS just hey, you have 4 years 48000 miles to go with it and just concentrate on installation?
Old 11-16-2002, 02:54 PM

Aren't the Kleemann cars also redone with body styling effects and interior appointments? Are we talking JUST supercharger to supercharger here? ($18.5k-ish Kleeman S/C versus $10k-ish for HPS) Cory, is that price you are quoting inclusive of the other improvements such as brakes and body styling? How about a straight-out opinion on how a Kleeman E500 would compare to the stock E55 (W211, of course), even though the E55 is not yet out?
Old 11-16-2002, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
HPS Supercharger

Originally posted by Fast Eddy
Excellent, than I don't see the point for kleemann to negociate any warrenty to go with the S/C. Stop looking for warrenty, ok?
SOME EDITED OUT ...

It is about $, not reliability. Kleemann is negotiating for favorable terms that will not impact the price of the kit. Anyone with any kit can get a warranty, it is just about the cost and the provider.

I don't think anyone except Cory is arguing with HPS. However, I can tell you again, that we regularly have had our RED clk430 (Mach 430's) in for check engine lights as we develop the exhaust and headers (emission related warnings) and three dealers have not only serviced it, but have asked to take clients for rides in the car.

As for retailing HPS we will not at this time. We only sell the BEST, regardless of cost. We offer the best value in the products we sell. We believe that the methodology behind the Kleemann is far superior to that of HPS and that time will prove this out. We have countless problems (literally 1-3 a week) trying to help BMW customers who bought the wrong S/C system. We have first hand knowledge of dealing with kits that are not up to par (not assuming the HPS fits into this category as I have not personally seen one), but from a business perspective, we only sell what we can put on the car and NEVER have a problem down the road. We sell what we believe in, not what we make the most money on or can move the most of (yes, we make very little margin on a Kleemann and they are expensive, so they do not walk off the shelves).

Thanks

Brad
Old 11-16-2002, 08:30 PM

Jugding from the design of the HPS, wont it only fit in cars like
W 208 and 210, where there is space because the air box is removed ?????

What do they do with 209, 211, 215, 220 ?????
Old 11-17-2002, 01:29 AM

2002 E55K RENNtech HP
Talking HPS supercharger

I recently recieved a mail flyer from HPS regarding their supercharger but it was a little late as I had already had RENNtech install an AMG high pressure supercharger in my 2002 E55. Along with the supercharger I had my brakes and rear subframe assembly upgraded. Headers, downpipes, aux. oil cooler, and transmission upgrades were also performed. The cams remain stock as does the exhaust past the down pipes. The whole package appears to be factory installed and the car is quiet and very streetable.
Now I have been reading a lot of discussion about what system is the best ( HPS, Kleeman ) but have not seen any real world performance numbers to back up claims.
Therefore I will pose a challenge to all. I have put my car on a dragstrip on several occasions and have numbers for all to consider. My car has Bridgestone S-03 285/30-19 tires on the rear and 245/35-19 front tires. These are my street tires and I drive on them daily. My E55 has 6700 miles on the odometer.
My most recent trip to the track produced a best ET of 12.143 @ 117 MPH. I backed this up with 12.161 and 12.162 ET's. This is with a full tank of fuel, spare tire, jack, and portable air compressor in the trunk. If anyone doubts my claim I have my time slips and even a video of my best run that shows the time on the sign at the end of the track.
My point is that sales pitches about performance should be backed up with some proof. RENNtech is credible and reliable.
To all that have questions, feel free to e-mail me.
Old 11-17-2002, 01:49 AM

Re: HPS supercharger

the top Renntech system costs over $42,000 on top of the cost of the car, making a vehicle similar in numbers to the E55, but this one will cost over $100,000 - it's a fair bet that the upcoming E55 (with only about 30 less hp than the top Renntech) will be anywhere near that price...

Originally posted by James F. Cannon
I recently recieved a mail flyer from HPS regarding their supercharger but it was a little late as I had already had RENNtech install an AMG high pressure supercharger in my 2002 E55. Along with the supercharger I had my brakes and rear subframe assembly upgraded. Headers, downpipes, aux. oil cooler, and transmission upgrades were also performed. The cams remain stock as does the exhaust past the down pipes. The whole package appears to be factory installed and the car is quiet and very streetable.
Now I have been reading a lot of discussion about what system is the best ( HPS, Kleeman ) but have not seen any real world performance numbers to back up claims.
Therefore I will pose a challenge to all. I have put my car on a dragstrip on several occasions and have numbers for all to consider. My car has Bridgestone S-03 285/30-19 tires on the rear and 245/35-19 front tires. These are my street tires and I drive on them daily. My E55 has 6700 miles on the odometer.
My most recent trip to the track produced a best ET of 12.143 @ 117 MPH. I backed this up with 12.161 and 12.162 ET's. This is with a full tank of fuel, spare tire, jack, and portable air compressor in the trunk. If anyone doubts my claim I have my time slips and even a video of my best run that shows the time on the sign at the end of the track.
My point is that sales pitches about performance should be backed up with some proof. RENNtech is credible and reliable.
Old 11-17-2002, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Founder

Re: HPS supercharger

Originally posted by James F. Cannon
As you only have one post, I think it is not fair to make the claim you do abotu no one showing data. There have been about a dozen dyno charts and one or two drag strip time slips posted. We have also posted track times from Willow Springs raceway. If that is not hard data, I am not sure what to say!

Thanks

Brad
Old 11-17-2002, 06:30 PM

2002 E55K RENNtech HP
Being a newbie, I don't know where to look for previous performance postings, and would be interested in seeing such. Dyno testing results can be impressive but to me the most important thing is what can you do with the power on the track. I agree that RENNtech's system is not inexpensive but disagree with the idea that the new E55K will be nearly as quick. My post was not meant to annoy but rather to encourage others with aftermarket superchargers to post performance results for comparison.
Brad, maybe you could repost the the hard data you speak of instead of talking about fair and my one post.
To all, I am not trying to sell anything, just wishing to share experiences.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:11 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
James F Cannon

Can you pls post some numbers? Hp? Torque? And how much you spent on your Renntech upgrade? Do you also have some pics?

thanks!
Old 11-18-2002, 01:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think everyone can benefit from reading Vadim's post regarding various types of superchargers and their efficiency/reliability:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...755#post200755

Last edited by Mach430; 11-18-2002 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-22-2002, 12:21 AM

2002 E55K RENNtech HP
Superchargers

Brad,
One thing I haven't seen mentioned concerning supercharger installations is reinforcing the engine blocks to deal with the increased stresses. These engine blocks are aluminum and may need extra support in the main bearing areas. What does Kleeman do to address this?
Old 11-22-2002, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Founder

nothing as nothing needs to be done.

We have had (and currently have another) motor out for all kinds of work (including conversion to a 6.2l) and can tell you it is NOT needed.

Thanks

Brad
Old 12-05-2002, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by HPS
We supercharge E430, E55, ML430, ML55, ML500, CLK430, CLK55, CLK500, C43 and the new 500 models soon.
Howd Timsters CLK55 do with the HPS????????????
Old 12-05-2002, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by HPS
Great!
For how long? Care to comment on any problems it might have had? In order to be informed customers, we need to know things like this....
Old 12-05-2002, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by HPS
We don't see any problems with the new 500s
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! wow, i could do a better job selling car insurance to homeless people......you know i didnt ask about the 500s.....your dodging of valid inquiries is getting tiresome.....
Old 12-05-2002, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by HPS
Great!
then why did you erase your post about his car working properly when he wrote that your statement is completely false? You're digging yourself a bigger hole each time you reply....:o
Old 12-07-2002, 11:05 AM
Out Of Control!

Eric

I doubt you'll get a straight answer from HPS since either them or Timster will disclose any info right now. All we can do is wait for Timster answer when all his legal matters has be resolved.
Old 12-07-2002, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by JamE55
Eric

I doubt you'll get a straight answer from HPS since either them or Timster will disclose any info right now. All we can do is wait for Timster answer when all his legal matters has be resolved.
Yeah, youre right, i would just at least like HPS admit that they had some things to work out with Timsters car.....thats all, he can say that....
Old 12-08-2002, 02:33 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by Petie
Yeah, youre right, i would just at least like HPS admit that they had some things to work out with Timsters car.....thats all, he can say that....
HPS will not admit anythingi bet you if HPS sees this thread hes likely response would be something like..."Good afternoon we have signed another dealer....".
Old 12-12-2002, 02:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by HPS
Ken, I would be wary from competitors ideas and thoughts about the Eaton system. Since they are only interested in you buying their product. HPS runs low boost to protect the drive train. Intercooler is not required with low temp. If your running high boost 5+ intercooler is required. Example: I touched the ducting / S/C after an extreme test run on our S/C E430 and experience no heat what so ever. Point made
Check www.eaton.com website and you can read how efficient the Eaton system is. Which is feature on over 20 different makers. Efficient?
What I am interested in is a satisfied customer, be it with your system or ours. A consumer armed with knowledge is one that will not regret his/her purchase when the end of the day comes. I have several times walked into a retail store and have been "sold" by a salesman to later find out the product I purchased didn't perform the way I wanted/needed it to. Tell you what, why don't you be the salesman, and I'll be the guy who arms the consumer with the knowledge and we'll see what happens. There's a fine line between trying to sell someone and informing them.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:15 PM

HPS

Your knowlegde about superchargeing an engine with a CR of 10:1 on 430 and 500 and 10,5:1 on the 55 is so low , so there should have been a law against speaking out in public forums.

I can't wait to hear what happened with Timsters engine, on the other hand I know already.:o :o :o
Old 12-12-2002, 04:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by HPS
I 100% agree with you Cory, the consumer needs to be given information about a potential product. However, sometimes customers have to be wary on which point of view their given.

Have you ever notice History is written by the winners not the losers? Your making false statements about an our system being less efficient due lack of intercooling and the Eaton. Just to get an order. I know it and so do you.
I'm sorry you think I'm a loser....
Old 12-12-2002, 04:31 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by CoryU
I'm sorry you think I'm a loser....
lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: HPS Supercharger