E55 Flat Hood Emblem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 04:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 E55
E55 Flat Hood Emblem

Hello. I am new to this forum. I have a question regarding replacment of the tri-star hood emblem on my 1999 E55 with the flat emblem kit available from MB dealers.

I removed the tri-star emblem with no problem, but the replacement kit comes with 2 small white insert sleves. I have no idea how to mount the replacement kit on the car. A couple of particular questions are:

Do the white inserts slip into the holes on the machined metal insert and then the plastic flat emblem's tabs friction fit into the inserts?

Also, the plastic flat emblem does not completely conform tot he contour of the hood. Once I install the emblem properly, will it press down after tightening the bolt to fit flush against the curvature of the hood?

Is there a better replacement than the factory kit? Evo Sport sells the factory kit for twice as much as from the MB dealer's and I have not been able to find a replacement kit from Carlsson or Brabus.

Any help would be appreaciated. Thanks. I look forward to getting useful info from this forum.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, F550, S600 Ducati 999
The white sleeves do act as a friction fit insert between the posts on the emblem and the holes in the mounting plate as you have suggested. Once mounted properly, the kit does fit as it should on the bonnet.