Please HELP! Re: Sprint Booster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 GL550, 2004 Audi S4 v8
Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
Quicker off the line and also every time you punch it? Yes because the throttle response is immediate with no lag...this thing is crazy and makes the car even more fun to drive than before.
I have a quick question that I hope wasn't asked already or mentioned, but did you get the AMG booster or non AMG? I didn't know there was a difference until someone told me this today
Old 07-09-2007, 03:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 63 PP
Quicker off the line and also every time you punch it? Yes because the throttle response is immediate with no lag...this thing is crazy and makes the car even more fun to drive than before.
i think i will invest in one then. i was thinking about getting a ecu upgrade, but why when this seems to be just as good....i plan on adding an upgraded pulley system as well......i guess the 2 together should be compatiable... and yield "sick" throttle response throughout the power band .....
Old 07-09-2007, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Originally Posted by 55TIMES
i think i will invest in one then. i was thinking about getting a ecu upgrade, but why when this seems to be just as good....i plan on adding an upgraded pulley system as well......i guess the 2 together should be compatiable... and yield "sick" throttle response throughout the power band .....
Well, an ECU upgrade with some K&N or green filters should give you a few more horses but you're going to spend about a grand. You might try the AMG version of the sprint booster first and also change your air filters as mentioned above and it just might do enough for you. It's definately keeping me content for now but I also would like to add a lightweight pulley and possibly an ECU upgrade in the future. For now the sprint booster, K&N filters and resonator delete and X-pipe are making a huge difference for me.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
210 E 55, 220 S 600
Originally Posted by 55TIMES
Trust me, you won't regret it. For the money, this little gadget is amazing. You will fall in love with your car all over it again. I can't stop smiling when I am driving now. As for your EDU upgrade, I don't think you will want one after this.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I got mine today and put it in in no time. Can I expect this to work immediately, or will it take a few runs?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:53 PM

210 E 55, 220 S 600
Originally Posted by xlr8tin
I got mine today and put it in in no time. Can I expect this to work immediately, or will it take a few runs?
It will work immediately.....enjoy and let us know what you think about it. It has been a week or two and I still can't get over it.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:13 AM

CLS 63 PP
i ordered mine today....looking forward to the results of quicker throttle and acceleration....has anyone run the sprintbooster concurrent with a powerchip ecu upgrade? are they compatiable without triggering codes? just curious....
Old 07-17-2007, 07:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Alright everyone...this thing is awesome. Like I mentioned earlier I put it in last night, and I drove it into work this morning...All I can say is 'bout time this car goes when I want it to...

I love it guys! Everyone should have one. They really do work. I'm very glad I bought it. It may not have add more horsepower, but I bet my 0-60 & 1/4 mile are better.

And it was so easy to put in.

Who's NEXT!
Old 07-17-2007, 11:23 AM

Used to drive E55
Originally Posted by xlr8tin
Alright everyone...this thing is awesome. Like I mentioned earlier I put it in last night, and I drove it into work this morning...All I can say is 'bout time this car goes when I want it to...

I love it guys! Everyone should have one. They really do work. I'm very glad I bought it. It may not have add more horsepower, but I bet my 0-60 & 1/4 mile are better.

And it was so easy to put in.

Who's NEXT!
Just wondering if I aready have a Powerchip; does the Sprint booster still help? Anyone have both and notice a dfferance? Also, does it kick down the trans quicker too.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RAFFIE55
Just wondering if I aready have a Powerchip; does the Sprint booster still help? Anyone have both and notice a dfferance? Also, does it kick down the trans quicker too.
I don't drive my car everyday but I decided to take it this morning. All I have to say is when I turned off the ESP this morning while waiting at the light to enter the freeway, as soon as the light changed I punch it and burned tires forever. Man this little gadget makes a big difference. Raf, I'm not sure if your Powerchip removes the lag but that's what this thing does. It has immediate response and kicks down the tranny when needed as soon as you put your foot down on the pedal...
Old 07-17-2007, 07:04 PM

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
14 E550, 07 E550, 69 Mach I, 65 Hipo, 66 Fairlane GTA Conv, 66 Fairlane GT
Someone, anyone, please say something negative about this Sprint Booster so that I am not compelled to spend the baby's milk money on one.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by John H
Someone, anyone, please say something negative about this Sprint Booster so that I am not compelled to spend the baby's milk money on one.
LOL...I was feeling guility about spending the pets food money, but you may have me beat....just a little...since I have no kids, only pets!
Old 07-18-2007, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Come on now, this is probably one of the cheapest mods that you can do on the car other than pretty valve stems caps for your wheels or a new shifter, lol.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:06 PM
Out Of Control!

Come on now, this is probably one of the cheapest mods that you can do on the car other than pretty valve stems caps for your wheels or a new shifter, lol.
Don't forget the license plate frame. lmao!!
Old 07-18-2007, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JamE55
Don't forget the license plate frame. lmao!!
Depending on which one, lol...
Old 07-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Out Of Control!

Depending on which one, lol...
Old 07-21-2007, 08:03 AM

CLS 63 PP
the sprint booster arrived yesterday so i went ahead and installed it. initial acceleration from a stop seems much stronger. mid-range acceleration is better too. without the esp on, the traction control icon remains solid and doesnt even flicker do to the much harder pull. car seems to have a much more aggressive response now(especailly low range)...it is an easy, straight forward install..took a few mins....ill take it out tomorrow on the freeway to do more runs....product seems to be as good as most memebers are saying it is...the better acceleration is much appreciated
Old 07-22-2007, 11:15 AM

2008 C300 Avantgarde
Hi all,

I hope this does not put a dampener on your findings, but on my W210 E55, after installing the Sprint booster (SB); which was purchased back in Nov 2006; I noticed that although it removed lag in throttle response down low, it also seemed to "control or limit" my rate of acceleration up high. By this what I meant is that it seemed to remap my power curve so that i had more grunt/power down low but as revs rose to about 3,500 rpm.....the power curve plateaud significantly...and the rate of acceleration slowed dramatically.
I did a few runs with and without the sprint booster to clarify my findings, and it was replicated each and everytime the SB was installed. Without the SB, i had to drive the car hard with on/off acceleration a few times to get the car into "race" mode for similar off the mark throttle response from stand still...but my car continued to pull like a freight train from mid to high revs.... and the the tacho would continue swinging rapidly to the 6000rpm mark as it passed 3000rpm.

However, with the SB installed, it was much slower high up and car felt like it hit an invisible wall by about 3,500rpm; thereby limiting acceleration. Another benefit i did notice with the SB installed, was that kickdown response time on overtaking improved markedly.

Now i am not sure whether all this is due to my car being chipped; or as i found out later on the forum, that there is an AMG specific version of the SB; which seem to be better suited by not tampering with the power curve/delivery; but merely keep the car in "race mode" instant throttle response for instaneous acceleration.

Fortunately, my wife's W211 E320 was available for me to transfer the SB onto; and on her car it was a dream.... it worked much better by giving it sharp instantaneous response and loss in rate of acceleration from mid to high revs was not as noticable. As a result, the SB has been living in her car ever since.

I have contemplated on purchasing another SB for my car, albeit the AMG version, but have not followed up as I hope to receive confirmation from fellow members that it is the cause of my findings/problems.

On a side note, it was interesting to hear from a fellow enthusiast who drives a W211 E55 ; that he also felt loss in rate of acceleration from mid to high revs once his SB was installed...although low down, grunt was awesome. He too has since removed the SB off his car. So it may in fact be that he bought the "standard"" SB instead of the AMG version ?

If anyone here notice any similar behaviour in rate of acceleration, please post so we can address this issue.

Cheers.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:43 AM

3000 dollar SLK230
Just got the sprint booster.

I want to make sure that it actually makes a difference and that its not some sort of psuedo effect us car nuts feel. We say "It costs 285 so it had to have done something, yep I feel it to be faster yep its faster."

I will be using MY G-tech PRO SS for results. Even if the numbers aren't exact. it will still compare with and without improvements. For accuracy on the G-Tech it is quite accurate. This is another product I was very skeptical about, because it dosen't use gps it just uses acclerometers. However, when I ran at bitburg in my E 50 the time was 13. 798 the gtech showed 13.78 the trap speed was 103.5 the g-tech said 103.6 so its pretty accurate.

I will video it. before and after and of course use the g-tech as a unbiased 3rd party.

Looking forward to trying this thing out.

ANDY
Old 07-22-2007, 12:41 PM

2008 C300 Avantgarde
Hi Andy,

Please also let us know which version of the SB you have when testing. We need to see if there is a difference between the regular and AMG version of the SB, as more people post their findings.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Powerchip software will work fine with a Sprintbooster but due to their software increasing throttle response electronically via tuning there's really no need to combine the two. If combined all you will see is very snappy throttle response.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

-Aaron
Old 07-22-2007, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well, some thing must be wrong either with my car or the SB. I have the AMG version, but I have not gotten the improved acceleration that everyone talks about. Everyone says how they spin tires...well it's as if there has been no change at all at the moment.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?