Sponsored by:

Air Filters?other mods?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Air Filters?other mods?

will an aftermarket filters make a improvment over the stock ones??? also what other mods can i do besides pulleys,exhaust???

Which brand of exhaust is better??? and where to buy online??
Old 08-13-2007, 09:32 AM
X55

2001 E55
Maybe try a search, a lot of this has been covered in the past
Old 08-13-2007, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
All these mods are playing arround... you can change filters to Green or K&N I use Green... there is hardly proven gains for this mode some people said they noticed difference some people said they took it to the dynos and was happy with 3hp gains... it's up to you to decide... exhaust and pulley probably about the same outcome... if you looking to change just muffler... only one thing you will acheave is a sound... AMG muffler is free flow so there is not much to gain form it... but going further in exhaust you can remove resonator (to improve sound quality) and you can remove secondary and replace primary cats to race... I don't know if anybody did replacing primary cats to sport one's but there is roomors that some gains can be acheaved... but then you need to wary about your o2 senors so need to find people who knows what they do ... pulley I'm assuming you thinking of evosport pulleys I heard people with possitive and negative feedback... i think maybe 6hp max but that is just mine opinion... probably best buck for hp is supercharge but then you looking for 15K and other problems... there is ECU tune from all tuners like kleeman, Renntech, Power chip and others , also Renntech makes CF air box ... do some search like X55 said... there is a lot of info... and more you read the better you will be with understanding all the negative and possitive sides of moding... good luck and ejoy your ride ....

Last edited by SaMaS; 08-13-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Originally Posted by SaMaS
All these mods are playing arround... you can change filters to Green or K&N I use Green... there is hardly proven gains for this mode some people said they noticed difference some people said they took it to the dynos and was happy with 3hp gains... it's up to you to decide... exhaust and pulley probably about the same outcome... if you looking to change just muffler... only one thing you will acheave is a sound... AMG muffler is free flow so there is not much to gain form it... but going further in exhaust you can remove resonator (to improve sound quality) and you can remove secondary and replace primary cats to race... I don't know if anybody did replacing primary cats to sport one's but there is roomors that some gains can be acheaved... but then you need to wary about your o2 senors so need to find people who knows what they do ... pulley I'm assuming you thinking of evosport pulleys I heard people with possitive and negative feedback... i think maybe 6hp max but that is just mine opinion... probably best buck for hp is supercharge but then you looking for 15K and other problems... there is ECU tune from all tuners like kleeman, Renntech, Power chip and others , also Renntech makes CF air box ... do some search like X55 said... there is a lot of info... and more you read the better you will be with understanding all the negative and possitive sides of moding... good luck and ejoy your ride ....
+1