Sponsored by:

Paranoia

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 03:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 E55 AMG
Unhappy Paranoia

Well, it'll be a couple till I get my 02 E55... and they offered free delivery too! I mean it can be either be a good thing, or they may be wanting to hide something n sell the car ASAP... I mean why else would the car have 5 owners? I'm totally paranoid about this, I need someone with more knowledge in Benz to inform me about this situation please. I know they are really good cars but I'm having second thoughts, just driving me crazy. Thanks for the help guys!

Here's the Carfax
Old 08-23-2007, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
The carfax looks fine but I don't know why it went through so many owners. Have you personally seen and driven the car? Is it still here in Escondido? Does it still have it's Starmark warranty???
Old 08-23-2007, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Nocturnal-G
Well, it'll be a couple till I get my 02 E55... and they offered free delivery too! I mean it can be either be a good thing, or they may be wanting to hide something n sell the car ASAP... I mean why else would the car have 5 owners? I'm totally paranoid about this, I need someone with more knowledge in Benz to inform me about this situation please. I know they are really good cars but I'm having second thoughts, just driving me crazy. Thanks for the help guys!

Here's the Carfax
BULLETPROOF
Old 08-23-2007, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Run the Vin # at the dealer for Service AND Warranty History...
Have the seller throw in a Extended Warranty...Great Peace of Mind!
Old 08-23-2007, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
my prior owner spent BUCKS on preventive maintenance, but since i've owned mine for the past year, it's been much more reliable and less hassle than our 2002 540i sport. nobody believes my car is 93k miles old and i think my E55 i think will last a LONG time given the way it's driving now.
p.s. how much is seller asking, and is it MB dealer?
Old 08-23-2007, 06:14 PM

2002 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
The carfax looks fine but I don't know why it went through so many owners. Have you personally seen and driven the car? Is it still here in Escondido? Does it still have it's Starmark warranty???
No I haven't seen the car or driven it, but the dealer assures me it's "mechanically sound" and very clean... I'm sure it's clean, and yes it's still in San Diego, and no I don't think it has the Starmark warranty.

Originally Posted by bzliteyear
my prior owner spent BUCKS on preventive maintenance, but since i've owned mine for the past year, it's been much more reliable and less hassle than our 2002 540i sport. nobody believes my car is 93k miles old and i think my E55 i think will last a LONG time given the way it's driving now.
p.s. how much is seller asking, and is it MB dealer?
It costs 23,600 out-the-door and no it is not a MB dealer, it's a "Luxury Used Car Dealership". LOL

Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No I haven't seen the car or driven it, but the dealer assures me it's "mechanically sound" and very clean... I'm sure it's clean, and yes it's still in San Diego, and no I don't think it has the Starmark warranty.
It costs 23,600 out-the-door and no it is not a MB dealer, it's a "Luxury Used Car Dealership". LOL
Well, if I were you I would take a drive down to San Diego and check out the car for myself and if all good, drive it back. If it's a dealer then I'm sure if you're concerned, you can purchase an extended warranty through them with an outside company. Make sure that you read the fine print and that the outside warranty company covers AMG cars because some don't. Good luck man and it sounds like a pretty good deal...
Old 08-24-2007, 12:00 PM

2002 E55 AMG
Well, if I were you I would take a drive down to San Diego and check out the car for myself and if all good, drive it back. If it's a dealer then I'm sure if you're concerned, you can purchase an extended warranty through them with an outside company. Make sure that you read the fine print and that the outside warranty company covers AMG cars because some don't. Good luck man and it sounds like a pretty good deal...
Well they are going to bring the car up at no charge, I'm given the opportunity to test drive it and inspect it... it'll be at my house by the afternoon. I'll consider an extended warranty with an outside company, but I'm sure these cars are very strong n wont really need it. Thanks... I think it's a good deal also.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well they are going to bring the car up at no charge, I'm given the opportunity to test drive it and inspect it... it'll be at my house by the afternoon. I'll consider an extended warranty with an outside company, but I'm sure these cars are very strong n wont really need it. Thanks... I think it's a good deal also.

Just don't ever give up on the maintenance and it will run forever!
Old 08-24-2007, 12:03 PM

2002 E55 AMG
Just don't ever give up on the maintenance and it will run forever!
LOL, sounds really good and tempting!
Old 08-24-2007, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It is and fun to work on too! I've got lots of tools and a spring compressor to so don't go spend too much money on shops to do mods, ask me first to see if I can help. Good luck ahper!
Old 08-24-2007, 12:25 PM

2002 E55 AMG
It is and fun to work on too! I've got lots of tools and a spring compressor to so don't go spend too much money on shops to do mods, ask me first to see if I can help. Good luck ahper!
Thanks alot aper! I appreciate it greatly!
Old 08-24-2007, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB, BMW
it absolutely baffles me that you're even considering buying a AMG car with 5 owners sight unseen. see the car for yourself, get an inspection done by a mechanic & a bodyshop. don't be a dumba$$
Old 08-24-2007, 12:32 PM

2002 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by ProV1
it absolutely baffles me that you're even considering buying a AMG car with 5 owners sight unseen. see the car for yourself, get an inspection done by a mechanic & a bodyshop. don't be a dumba$$
Owners are owners, while a car stays a car... all I know is the car is going to have its last owner, I'm going to take care of her like no other
Old 08-24-2007, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB, BMW
threadjack, but i noticed lots of W210s originating from MI?? was MI the hotbed of E55s back then??
Old 08-24-2007, 12:37 PM

2002 E55 AMG
threadjack, but i noticed lots of W210s originating from MI?? was MI the hotbed of E55s back then??
I guess so, well I hope this certain MI owner took care of their car.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB, BMW
I guess so, well I hope this certain MI owner took care of their car.

well considering rochester MI is where all the Daimler-Chrysler honchos live, i wouldn't be surprised if this car was owned by a DC exec
Old 08-24-2007, 12:56 PM

2002 E55 AMG
well considering rochester MI is where all the Daimler-Chrysler honchos live, i wouldn't be surprised if this car was owned by a DC exec
LOL that made me feel a little bit better! hehe
Old 08-24-2007, 01:33 PM
KA8

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
hmmm... MB w/o warranty... big gamble there... plus it's AMG probably been abused but who knows... If I were you I'd drive to escondido and inspect the car myself. Montebello and escondido is what like 1 hr away? Xtended warranty in CA is limited to powertrain only I think. It's been through 5 owners for a reason. play it safe
Old 08-24-2007, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry but I've had a pretty good experience thus far with my MB's without warranty (knocking on wood). Again, I believe if the car was taken care of from the get go then you shouldn't have any major problems. To be on the safe side like you said, drive the car and have it checked out first when they bring it up before you buy it. If you need a good MB mechanic's opinion and don't mind driving to the SF valley just let me know...
Old 08-24-2007, 02:25 PM

2002 E55 AMG
Sorry but I've had a pretty good experience thus far with my MB's without warranty (knocking on wood). Again, I believe if the car was taken care of from the get go then you shouldn't have any major problems. To be on the safe side like you said, drive the car and have it checked out first when they bring it up before you buy it. If you need a good MB mechanic's opinion and don't mind driving to the SF valley just let me know...
Yup, I have a good feeling about this Benz... a dealership can also be named an Owner, i'm not really worried about the number of owners. I'll keep that in mind though... I don't mind heading out to San Fernando Valley. Well the car's going to be here in 2 hours. I'm anticipating, so I'm going to go shower and look nice. LOL Let's hope it doesn't make funny sounds. HAHA
Old 08-24-2007, 02:32 PM
KA8

2003 CL55 AMG
well good for you... I've had my benz since new and been to the dealer 4 times... sucks for me
Old 08-24-2007, 02:36 PM

2002 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by KA8
well good for you... I've had my benz since new and been to the dealer 4 times... sucks for me
Let me guess... tire problems?
Old 08-24-2007, 03:57 PM
KA8

2003 CL55 AMG
Let me guess... tire problems?
Continental tires do suck but here's my story:
300 miles-power steering noise, replaced under warranty
5600 miles-idler pulley replaced due to engine noise
8000 miles-noise under the hood fixed but took it back the same day for sunroof reprogramming so that's 4 times
Old 08-24-2007, 04:05 PM

2002 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by KA8
Continental tires do suck but here's my story:
300 miles-power steering noise, replaced under warranty
5600 miles-idler pulley replaced due to engine noise
8000 miles-noise under the hood fixed but took it back the same day for sunroof reprogramming so that's 4 times
Wow, that's alot of problems for a new Benz... ouch, well I would know because my cousin has one. LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paranoia