Sponsored by:

Buttons?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 01:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 E55 AMG
Buttons?

Well since I don't have my manual for the car... what does the towing button do? It is above the AC, looks like a hook wit the rear wheels highered. And then around the shift knob, there is a selection W and S... I believe it's some kind of suspension or Summer/Winter selection... what is it? Thanks guys!!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Nocturnal-G
Well since I don't have my manual for the car... what does the towing button do? It is above the AC, looks like a hook wit the rear wheels highered. And then around the shift knob, there is a selection W and S... I believe it's some kind of suspension or Summer/Winter selection... what is it? Thanks guys!!
The tow button activates, or deactivates, your anti-theft alarm: windows, doors, trunk, and raising of car (tow). The S is summer, and the W is winter. I believe in W mode the transmission module automatically sets the gear to 2nd to avoid spinning, or loss of traction, during initial acceleration. Here in NorCal, I use W mode during our wet months.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:09 AM

2002 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by ruBENZ
The tow button activates, or deactivates, your anti-theft alarm: windows, doors, trunk, and raising of car (tow). The S is summer, and the W is winter. I believe in W mode the transmission module automatically sets the gear to 2nd to avoid spinning, or loss of traction, during initial acceleration. Here in NorCal, I use W mode during our wet months.
Hmmm, my buddy decided to push the tow button before I drove... LOLL, I dunno but it ran fine. And yeah, when the car was delivered... it came in W mode, I have no idea why... but now I have it on S. Well thanks for clearing that up for me Ruben!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:33 AM

2000 E55 AMG
Mine is always in the on position (activated), the alarm will not set until the vehicle is stationary, and locked for 30 seconds. The little red light on the button will blink to indicate set.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:57 AM

2002 E55 AMG
Mine is always in the on position (activated), the alarm will not set until the vehicle is stationary, and locked for 30 seconds. The little red light on the button will blink to indicate set.
So it doesn't do anything with the suspension? The car felt weird afterwards... maybe it was just a placebo effect. haha
Old 08-28-2007, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
The tow button activates, or deactivates, your anti-theft alarm: windows, doors, trunk, and raising of car (tow). The S is summer, and the W is winter. I believe in W mode the transmission module automatically sets the gear to 2nd to avoid spinning, or loss of traction, during initial acceleration.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:08 PM

2000 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Nocturnal-G
So it doesn't do anything with the suspension? The car felt weird afterwards... maybe it was just a placebo effect. haha
Yeah, that would be what I would refer to as: the Corvette placebo effect