Sponsored by:

Brake Linings & Seats & Roof antenna

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 S550
Red face Brake Linings & Seats & Roof antenna

Aloha all...just joined this site and am finding it full of information! So, I'll toss out my questions too.

Just got my car back from service B at 44kmiles and am so happy to have it rather than the loaner (it was a cute lil 2007 C230...driving anything else really makes me appreciate my car). Anyway:

- Brake linings 6mm - seems like it's not much left...maybe 10Kmile?
- They found the engine mounts leaking fluid and replaced them...is that typical at this point in the cars life?
- The air whooshing sound when I toy around with the seat adjustments has lost it's enthusiasm - apparently shows no fault codes and spuriously (or less ambitiously) inflates the various seat pockets...any thoughts to how to encourage it, or get it to fail completely?
- The stub-cover on my roof antenna broke off...have done a lot of web-surfing on it and seems to be a somewhat common occurance. Got some mixed feedback from the dealership over whether I could clip off the tiny lil antenna that was exposed - but he ended up saying not to since all the radio signals used the antenna...not just teleaid/cell phone (I no longer use either of those features with the car, but blast the FM radio at times). Also saw some antenna caps on e-bay for $89...and some replacement antenna assy on other sites for $113-120....recomenndations?

Thanks for any replies!
Chuck
Old 09-01-2007, 12:20 PM

2001 E55
Hey There. I Believe The Antenna On The Top Rear Section Of Roof Is
For Tele-aid Only. If You Remove IT, There Will Be A Hole on your roof.
The Phone Antenna Is In The Rear Bumper (the Rear Bumper Antenna Is Also A Back Up Antenna For The Tele-aid System
In case Of A Roll Over Or Something Light That-fyi) And The Fm Antenna Is In The Rear Glass.--that Is Why If You Tint Your Rear Windshield-am Reception Gets Poor And May Affect Fm-fm Is A Stronger Signal. Hope This Helps Out. Motor Mounts Typically Go Out Around 30-40 K . It's Rubber. I Have 30k On My 01 E55 And
They Have Been Replaced Twice Already.-hard Driving I Guess.

Last edited by W210AMG; 09-01-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:23 AM

2010 S550
Thanks....appreciate the feedback-
- I now know that between my last service "A" and this time the brake linings went from 10mm to 6mm in about 12Kmiles (and i guesss that measurment is to the alarm set point on the pad)...so...will probably hit it about the next service "A".
- the motor mounts leak oil (vicuous damper) typically in the 40k range...so my main concern is replacing them prior to the warranty expiraration.
- the seat thing is probably a pump under the rear seat....but, this is not completely certain.
- the antenna stub - a commom failure mode...but will this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCE...spagenameZWDVW

do the trick?? sure looks close. But heck...if it's not even used for anything I care about..I guess, the snip will do it.

b well
Chuck