Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
monowiper
Cali supercharger fans?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/436518743.html

Old 10-06-2007, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
If this isn't the same unit I was inquiring about last year, it's similar and will be a PITA to install and make work. There is a lot more needed to install it and make it work properly than listed in there. I contacted a few people in here that are s/c knowledgeable and also a couple of MB mechanics at the local dealers and they said it would be less expensive and easier to install an aftermarket s/c rather than one like this. Too complicated to explain but just buyer beware.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:02 PM

2002 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
If this isn't the same unit I was inquiring about last year, it's similar and will be a PITA to install and make work. There is a lot more needed to install it and make it work properly than listed in there. I contacted a few people in here that are s/c knowledgeable and also a couple of MB mechanics at the local dealers and they said it would be less expensive and easier to install an aftermarket s/c rather than one like this. Too complicated to explain but just buyer beware.
If I had the money I would consider buying it, but then again.. I agree with Jimmy. Anyone that I know that has forced induction, told me it was a PITA to install.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E55K
Originally Posted by jimmydagreek

It'd be a sweet retrofit... but by the time you bought all the other parts needed and installed... it would cost more than an aftermarket s/c.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Out Of Control!

Old 10-08-2007, 08:20 PM

Funny. I was just looking at something like this...

It appears you can buy the same thing from Duval for $3,550.
From the looks of it you can buy just about everything supercharger related for under $7,000.

Am I reading it wrong?

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

The first questions that come to mind are;

1. What's a safe boost to run on the engine considering it has a compression level a point and half above the 03 and later engines?

2. What are the fuel injectors on the 02 and earlier cars rated at? (You can buy the 03 and later off duval for $120 each.)

3. Are the accessories in the same locations on the cars?

4. Ignition timing. What would be the best option for setting it correctly?

Thanks,
James