Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pan leaking, help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Exclamation Oil pan leaking, help!!!

Ok guys, I had a small leak from the oil pan. I emptied the oil, dropped the pan and cleaned the crap out of it. I mean I cleaned it down to the metal to be safe. Next, I went over to the stealer and bought a tube of the silicone sealant and placed it all around the edges of the oil pan as instructed. As per one of the service techs at the dealer, I put the pan back on and let it sit for about 4 hours. I poured the oil in and drove it around the block but as soon as I pulled into the driveway, it started to leak again from a different spot. I bought another tube of the silicone and did the whole process over again letting it dry this time over night. I poured in the oil, drove it around again and now it's leaking again!!! Everytime I pulled the pan off with the new silicone, the silicone was still like mush and didn't seem to dry at all!

What the heck am I doing wrong or is this MB silicone garbage???!!! Those of you who know and can help please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

-Jimmy
Old 10-08-2007, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used to drive E55
Hey Jimmy,

I have no idea Other than I would not do it again. At this point I would pay someone I hate stuff like that Let me know how it turns out. On another note I am getting a used sprint booster from ebay. I call you if I can't figure it out
Old 10-08-2007, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RAFFIE55
Hey Jimmy,

I have no idea Other than I would not do it again. At this point I would pay someone I hate stuff like that Let me know how it turns out. On another note I am getting a used sprint booster from ebay. I call you if I can't figure it out
Yeah, I know what you mean but it's such a simple procedure that I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong. Anyway, when you get your sprint booster let me know if you need a hand, it's simple plug and play.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:30 AM

2000 E55 AMG
Just a thought or two. A new oil pan may solve the issue, or the leak may originate elsewhere. Good luck.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:37 AM

there might be a kink in the pan and that's why it's leaking.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys, leak was finally resolved today. I placed the pan on the ground downside up and lightly tapped on the edges all the way around to ensure it being flat. I proceeded to reseal the entire edge of the pan again after extensively cleaning it and the bottom where it meets the motor and so far so good. I just drove it around and so far not leak. Wish me luck and thanks for the good tips!