Sponsored by:

Another Sprint Booster Fan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used to drive E55
Another Sprint Booster Fan

Just added Sprint Booster. Got a used one from Ebay. Man talk about a major release of power. I think I gave my wife whiplash
I let her drive it and she smoked my tire a few times anyway I love it.

Last edited by RAFFIE55; 10-14-2007 at 10:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-15-2007, 12:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by RAFFIE55
Just added Sprint Booster. Got a used one from Ebay. Man talk about a major release of power. I think I gave my wife whiplash
I let her drive it and she smoked my tire a few times anyway I love it.
What does it do? How much is it, and how much would it cost to install it (if I can't install it)... whiplash mods sound fun.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:47 AM

2004 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by Nocturnal-G
What does it do? How much is it, and how much would it cost to install it (if I can't install it)... whiplash mods sound fun.
I never heard of it either, but did a SEARCH and it looks like a definite on the mod list.

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Hey Raff, I told you so! Now you need the AMS lightweight crankshaft pulley, this thing is out of control. I've also got the AMS headers on order and can't wait. So, I'm out of town again this week but will be back on the weekend and then hope for a couple of weeks. Let me know when you're in the neighborhood!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:57 AM

E55.....AMG

It tricks the ecu into thinking that the gas pedal has been pushed down further than it really has. Thats all!!

It wont give you any more power it just feels like it does
Old 10-15-2007, 09:57 AM

Used to drive E55
If you search Sprint Booster there are tons of threads explaining it.

Normal price is around 280.00 try this link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sprin...spagenameZWD1V

I was lucky to find one under 200.00

You can put it in about 20 secs.

They say it doesn't add any horspower, but I think it makes the power you have more accessible and quickens the response time IMHO.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
Originally Posted by karl.w
It tricks the ecu into thinking that the gas pedal has been pushed down further than it really has. Thats all!!

It wont give you any more power it just feels like it does
Not really, there resistors inline that lower the resistance so the response time is quicker. The signal from the gas paddle is process faster. All drive by wire have a milli-seconds delay. I taken my apart and basically it very simply to make if you have all the tool and components. I notice when the engine compartment got hot the resistance changed every thing, response time erriatic.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
It definitely does not add horsepower. But it does completely eliminate the lag in throttle response associated with "throttle by wire cars", like our MB's.

It's a good mod, and I recommend it, save for one type of driver. And that's the person that sits in traffic everyday to and from work. The throttle tip-in with the sprintbooster is a bit touchy and I found it to be hard to modulate sometimes in traffic. But if that's not a problem for you, then I totally recommend it. It sure makes the car "feel" faster, even though it's not.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 10-15-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:57 AM

2002 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
It definitely does not add horsepower. But it does completely eliminate the lag in throttle response associated with "throttle by wire cars", like our MB's.

It's a good mod, and a recommend it, save for one type of driver. And that's the person that sits in traffic everyday to and from work. The throttle tip-in with the sprintbooster is a bit touchy and I found it to be hard to modulate sometimes in traffic. But if that's not a problem for you, then I totally recommend it. It sure makes the car "feel" faster, even though it's not.
Ouch... I always sit in traffic everyday(almost, like 4 days out of 7) on my way to Pasadena. Doesn't sound to exciting when cops pass by and think you can't control the throttle. ROFLMFAO. Especially wouldn't help my situation with everyone on the damn road trying to race me. Just because of one street I can't get the mod I was looking forward to, which is the X-Pipe. The cops set up a "portable" dyno on the street. GRRRRR. Well at least they know my car's faster than their Dodge Chargers. ROFLMFAO.

PS. The street is San Gabriel Blvd for those of you who are ever in the area... so watch out for that damn dyno.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:07 PM

Used to drive E55
What do you mean "Dyno"? The X-pipe is not technically illegal. Do you mean for sound reasons. Or do they just randomly check under your car for MODs.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:48 PM

2002 E55 AMG
What do you mean "Dyno"? The X-pipe is not technically illegal. Do you mean for sound reasons. Or do they just randomly check under your car for MODs.
It's a real dyno that they bring out onto the street... like a checkpoint. Not for sound reasons, but smog reasons. The dyno checks smog levels. Also when they hear a loud fixed up car... they immediately pull it over for a check. I probably seen 4 ricers in the line. ROFLMFAO.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The x-pipe will not do anything to your emissions so you will pass smog without any problems. The resonator is for sound and removing it to put in the x-pipe will not lead to any smog issues.

By the way, I have been wanting to dyno my car but don't have the time. Since the cops are bringing their own portable dyno onto the street, maybe they'll dyno my car for me as I drive through and tell me how many horses I'm pushing, lol...
Old 10-15-2007, 02:40 PM

2002 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
The x-pipe will not do anything to your emissions so you will pass smog without any problems. The resonator is for sound and removing it to put in the x-pipe will not lead to any smog issues.

By the way, I have been wanting to dyno my car but don't have the time. Since the cops are bringing their own portable dyno onto the street, maybe they'll dyno my car for me as I drive through and tell me how many horses I'm pushing, lol...
YAY!! You put a smile on my face by tellin' me that. I thought I was saving up for no reason, now I have a reason. LOL. ROFLMFAO, the cops on that street are pr*cks.

PS. Jimmy would you ever be interested in having an E55/Benz/Euro meet? Or something similar around our area. Most of the meets I know about are pretty far. So what do you say?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Out Of Control!

Old 10-15-2007, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PS. Jimmy would you ever be interested in having an E55/Benz/Euro meet? Or something similar around our area. Most of the meets I know about are pretty far. So what do you say?
Hmmm, why not. It seems that we already have Jamesheezy's attention. I'm traveling for business this week but will be back in town next week. Maybe we can plan something small in the next couple of weeks and see who is interested. I am definately feeling a W210 picture shoot!
Old 10-15-2007, 10:58 PM

2002 E55 AMG
Hmmm, why not. It seems that we already have Jamesheezy's attention. I'm traveling for business this week but will be back in town next week. Maybe we can plan something small in the next couple of weeks and see who is interested. I am definately feeling a W210 picture shoot!
I'm all in for that photoshoot. Let's make it happen! I'm excited for this meet.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm all in for that photoshoot. Let's make it happen! I'm excited for this meet.
I'll check my schedule and ask a couple of the guys in here to see what works and we'll plan something in the next couple of weeks!
Old 10-15-2007, 11:27 PM

Used to drive E55
I'll check my schedule and ask a couple of the guys in here to see what works and we'll plan something in the next couple of weeks!
Keep me in the loop. I can maybe plan for it

Hey Jimmy did you sneak in the springs and not tell us Cause your car is sitting a bit low
Old 10-15-2007, 11:29 PM

2002 E55 AMG
Sounds good... just keep us updated!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Jimmy did you sneak in the springs and not tell us Cause your car is sitting a bit low
Sure did after your 4X4 comment, lol...
Old 10-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Out Of Control!

Jimgoogle. I'm riding shotgun in your car when this meet happens.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JamE55
Jimgoogle. I'm riding shotgun in your car when this meet happens.
That's fine but I don't who will be driving because I'll be driving yours, lol...
Old 10-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Out Of Control!

That's fine but I don't who will be driving because I'll be driving yours, lol...
I'll hide it from you so you can't drive it.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:03 PM

E55.....AMG
Originally Posted by Peter_02AMG
Not really, there resistors inline that lower the resistance so the response time is quicker. The signal from the gas paddle is process faster. All drive by wire have a milli-seconds delay. I taken my apart and basically it very simply to make if you have all the tool and components. I notice when the engine compartment got hot the resistance changed every thing, response time erriatic.

A well respected Audi tuner has taken a look into this. After some logging, it has proven all the SB does is make the ECU think you have pushed the throttle more than you have. Nothing more than a lot of us expected, nor the product claims.

Have a read through other forums orther than MB ones and you will see that most agree
Old 10-19-2007, 09:34 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
Sprint Booster Problems

I've had the sprint booster in my 03 CL500 for about 2 months now but the car for some reason didn't want to accept it at first. I would lose total pedal response when I used the cruise control and shifted to lower gears and had to take it to my local Kleeman shop to have them unplug and plug it back in. I haven't had problems since then but it can be a harsh ride at times when the car doesn't want to shift correctly on hard acceleration...shift points seem screwy. Install on the CL was a little difficult since the pedal area is so tight and confined. Go with the non AMG version. It does what it claims.