HELP Please, Computer gone mad!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 Renntech stage 5, 04 CL600 ( will miss ),02e55 , 11 R350
HELP Please, Computer gone mad!

I would greatly appreciate the help of members advise.
I had a faulty Fuel level sender, so I put a new one in myself, Easy, while at it I also put in a new MAF sensor, I figured at 51K miles I might as well ( $129 ). I disconnected the battery for a couple of minutes ( both +&-) to reset the computer, then hooked everything up again and all of the sudden, I have the Check engine, BAS, and ESP lighting up like a christmas tree! PLUS, the windows going up and down BUT NO one touch up or one touch down ! Also, the rear interior lamp would come on, I would turn it off, couple of minutes later, it comes on again by itself! The car ran fine, but the lights stayed on with two malfunctions ( BAS Brake assist and ESP ) Plus the CEL, parked the car for a while , checked everything one more time, all the hookups were fine, started the car again, no the BAS disappeared together with the ESP, but the CEL light is on, one touch windows no go, and the mysterious rear interior light, come on by itself ! and NOW no malfunctions! Before that my car was running fine, no malfunctions at all, only the CEL every once in a while and I always knew it was the fuel sender.
Did I make a mistake disconnecting both terminals on the battery ? What is best way to reset the computer, how do I clear this mess, all th while my car is running great! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Start car turn steering wheel lock to lock this will reset your BAS Brake assist and ESP.

To reset your windows push the up button and hold it for 10 seconds after the window closes then down and hold it for 10 seconds after it opens.

Rear seat light never heard a problem on that, check switch, on when door open?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Yacht Master
Start car turn steering wheel lock to lock this will reset your BAS Brake assist and ESP.

To reset your windows push the up button and hold it for 10 seconds after the window closes then down and hold it for 10 seconds after it opens.

Rear seat light never heard a problem on that, check switch, on when door open?
Thank you so much Yacht Master, I got the windows, and rear dome light, for now the BAS and ESP have disappeared by themselves ??? I still have the CEL light on and the car is running fine! The fun continues.
Thanks again.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by maxwerks
Thank you so much Yacht Master, I got the windows, and rear dome light, for now the BAS and ESP have disappeared by themselves ??? I still have the CEL light on and the car is running fine! The fun continues.
Thanks again.
You need to get the car re-synchronized. Maybe the CEL light will go away after a few days? I really don't know but I'm tryin' to help. I know that if it's under warranty... the dealer should re-synchronize the car for you.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Nocturnal-G
You need to get the car re-synchronized. Maybe the CEL light will go away after a few days? I really don't know but I'm tryin' to help. I know that if it's under warranty... the dealer should re-synchronize the car for you.
Thank you Nocturnal, I think you are right , problem is how to re-synchronize? I can always erase the faulty message but I guess I will take it to the dealer, I want to make sure. Thank you for your courtesy.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

For the record, I checked the voltage 11.6 car not running, 13.5 running, no errors on the screen using the REST/EC buttons method.