Sponsored by:

Display oil level? and No CEL??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 12:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Display oil level? and No CEL??

my car when u turn the ignition on w-o starting the car up if u let the ignition on for a coiuple of seconds the display show a message that says..display oil level?? and a clock on top..but i dont seem to know which button i should hit ..i once did it but dont remember which one i hit...thanks

also where i can get an online manual since mine is in german..i have a 99 model..thanks

Also i noticed that when i turn the ignition the CEL never shows up!!! and i have seen 3 more E55 98 model and they do the same! no CEL! i only got the SRS,BAS,ESP,BRAKE lights no more..i noticed on a 01 that the light is there...maybe my car didnt came with???? mine is a german model..thanks
Old 10-23-2007, 01:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by aguita
my car when u turn the ignition on w-o starting the car up if u let the ignition on for a coiuple of seconds the display show a message that says..display oil level?? and a clock on top..but i dont seem to know which button i should hit ..i once did it but dont remember which one i hit...thanks

also where i can get an online manual since mine is in german..i have a 99 model..thanks

Also i noticed that when i turn the ignition the CEL never shows up!!! and i have seen 3 more E55 98 model and they do the same! no CEL! i only got the SRS,BAS,ESP,BRAKE lights no more..i noticed on a 01 that the light is there...maybe my car didnt came with???? mine is a german model..thanks
Well the best I found was a 2002 owner's manual.. the one I currently have, they should be pretty similar. Here is the link (it's a PDF)... wish I could get a 99 manual. Sorry.
2002 W210 E-Class (E320, E430, E55) manual
Old 10-23-2007, 06:14 AM

E55.....AMG
when it say check oil? Just press the 0 button at the left hand side of the clocks

i cant remember if you have to press it once or twice quickly
Old 10-23-2007, 12:14 PM

AMG
thanks for the response ill check that ....also why i dont have a CEL???maybe my car didnt come with or what???