W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60

dead pixels on e55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
yeah I figure you will fine out sooner or later, anyway, everything went well, I hope you paid for the next day return because delivery people drop and bang the boxes around and the speedometer get mess up.

I have a friend who had it done the week before me he paid for 3 day return via UPS and his speedometer needle was mess up. He have to sent it back in for a second time. from 5-30MPH it gitter, the movement tick like a clock and it off by 6-7MPH comparing to the digital speedometer. He paid for next day service return and he got it alright. I paid for next day service return so everthing went well. I got mine back before he did and he had his fix a week before mine.

Btw, no mileage gain during the time the cluster was out. Check engine light come on when you plug it back on. Take it to Autozone and they will reset it. I have a problem getting the people at Autozone to reset mine CEL, new policy they can't reset the CEL anymore. But i got one of the girl there to do it anyway

Good luck with your repair. I'm happy with mine now, i can finally see the clock, outside temp and gear position indicator
Old 11-19-2007, 03:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
21 E450 Wagon and 07 SL55
Cluster arrived just before lunch plugged it in in the parking garage and it is all FIXED!!!! No issues with the the needles they repaired both side displays and my speedometer which moved is jumps or ticks before. I did have a CEL the code was the 0600 serial comm error but I just plugged in my code read and checked it and cleared it.

Now I have to get some bulbs for the backlight on the cluster I only have the tach lighting up.

Thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
too bad repair company didn't put bulbs for you, I am sure it cost only $2-3 dollars extra.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
21 E450 Wagon and 07 SL55
Yes that would have been nice if they did that for me. You would think that since they should have some sort of test rig it should not have been that hard.

Oh well at least I only needed 3 bulbs
Old 11-20-2007, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Karlson
It is so hard to find the perfect E.
Agreed.

I am on the hunt and a 2001 showed up today at local dealer. I ran over to check it out...Had most records, but:

-Cracked windshield
-CEL
-Flashing Fuel level light (though showed half full?)
-Designo interior (I'm not particularly fond of it...to each, his own)
-Generally dirty
- 72k miles
- Pixel Issue

However, it pulled like a train and seemed to run great...ASKING 17,900...I think I could steal it...I just hate to buy a fright pig and not know the history. I may take it to the local stealership for the once over...God knows they like to pic cars apart...
Old 11-20-2007, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
one on ebay just poped up. only 17k miles on it... but they want 32k, so they can kiss my butt. I am still searching, if nothing good will come up till chrismas, I will hit auto auctions
Old 11-22-2007, 12:33 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I have 2002 E55 for sale

+Original CA car
+Silver/Ruby (two-tone black and burgandy interior)
+69k miles (records from new, dealer service, Mobil 1 oil change every 5 k miles)
+ Navigation
+ Phone Verizon Motorola V60s
+ Voice command
+ no issues of any kind (if you find any issues, I'll have it fix at dealer before delivery)
+ new brakes, ball joints, bushing
+ always garage
+ transmission service was done from local MB dealer at 50k miles
+ new charcoal filter, air filter, cabin filter
+ new fuel filter
+ coolant service was recently done
+ tires in good shape
+ wheels are also in mint conditon with NO curb rash

this car needs nothing , comes with 2 original keys, manual etc.

Make me an offer if you're interested. Shipping is about $1000. I can assist with pre purchase inspection at local MB dealer also.

Car is in So. Cal. Everything works and in mint condition. Driven by mature driver, never abuse.

PM me with offer if interested. Like I said if dealer find anything wrong, I'll have it fix at dealer before delivery. This car is perfect.

Last edited by jd986s; 11-22-2007 at 12:36 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
thanks for the offer, but I am trying to find a car with around 50k miles on it.