Sponsored by:

DIY Question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 E55
Question DIY Question.

Does anyone know if you need to remove the bumper to remove/replace the center mesh grill on our 55's? Anyone with expierence doing this let me know pelase! If anyone has some pics or anything that can guide/help me out I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 11-22-2007, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Originally Posted by MG420
Does anyone know if you need to remove the bumper to remove/replace the center mesh grill on our 55's? Anyone with expierence doing this let me know pelase! If anyone has some pics or anything that can guide/help me out I would greatly appreciate it!
Yes, you have to remove the bumper in order to get to some of the screws that were put in at the stupidest angles!

To remove the bumper there are screws at the ends where the bumper meets the edge of the fender. Once you remove those, slide the small latch like plate to get it to release. Remove the bumper screws at the headlights and also the ones right below the center radiator palstic mesh thing. Don't forget to also remove the screws from the bottom plastic cover below the engine and unplug the foglights. Quick tip, place blue masking tape and the edges of the fender and the edges of the bumper where they meet. This will help you avoid scratching the fenders or bumper upon reassembly. It's not that difficult just time consuming. Good luck!
Old 11-22-2007, 08:40 PM

W210 E55
Jimmy,

Thanks for the heads up, damn mesh grill is all bent up. I bought the car that way , it was the only cosmetic problem it had. Guess i got some work to do this weekend!
Old 11-23-2007, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Originally Posted by MG420
Jimmy,

Thanks for the heads up, damn mesh grill is all bent up. I bought the car that way , it was the only cosmetic problem it had. Guess i got some work to do this weekend!
Mine had a few bends in it too and when I removed my bumper to repair my headlight I took it off and bent it back straight. It's pretty easy to bend straight again instead of buying a new one...
Old 11-23-2007, 01:45 PM

W210 E55
Hmmm, i'll try that...i can always return it. I will try and mold it back to shape.