Sponsored by:

Half heated seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 06:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W211 E63
Half heated seats

I love the heated seats on my car and thought they worked great until yesterday. While we were out test driving after installing new plugs, wires, and valve seal gaskets I turned on the seat heater for the passenger side since my friend was driving and I was in the passenger seat.

To my surprise the butt pad on the passenger side got warm, but not the back pad. This was a surprise to me as on the drivers side the back warmer works, but apparently not the butt warmer! I was under the impression that ONLY the back got warm as that's how its been since I got the car. And since I almost never sit in the passenger side I never knew about the back pad not working and the butt pad working on that side.

Anybody have any ideas on possible fixes for the half heat issue on both chairs?

BTW, those little screws with the hex shaped heads on the valve covers are cheap pieces of ****. (I could tell they were crappy when they started to get rounded with hardly any pressure when we were taking them out.) One of them sheared as we were putting it in and the top portion came off while the threaded shaft was still inside. I now have a screw stuck in there and will have to take it all apart AGAIN to try and drill it out, or pay $200+ for a new valve cover just because of that tiny crapy little screw!
Old 12-24-2007, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
The Heat pad is defective...you will need to remove the seat and remove the cushion to replace the heat pad..the pad can be bought seperate..202/203 seat pad..other wise you will buy a 210 seat heat pad WITh the leather seat cover
Old 01-15-2008, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'00 S-500, E-430S, '88 Mustang
Originally Posted by SleepersRock
I love the heated seats on my car and thought they worked great until yesterday. While we were out test driving after installing new plugs, wires, and valve seal gaskets I turned on the seat heater for the passenger side since my friend was driving and I was in the passenger seat.

To my surprise the butt pad on the passenger side got warm, but not the back pad. This was a surprise to me as on the drivers side the back warmer works, but apparently not the butt warmer! I was under the impression that ONLY the back got warm as that's how its been since I got the car. And since I almost never sit in the passenger side I never knew about the back pad not working and the butt pad working on that side.

Anybody have any ideas on possible fixes for the half heat issue on both chairs?

BTW, those little screws with the hex shaped heads on the valve covers are cheap pieces of ****. (I could tell they were crappy when they started to get rounded with hardly any pressure when we were taking them out.) One of them sheared as we were putting it in and the top portion came off while the threaded shaft was still inside. I now have a screw stuck in there and will have to take it all apart AGAIN to try and drill it out, or pay $200+ for a new valve cover just because of that tiny crapy little screw!

tHATS CRAZY.......i have the same problem....but in my car ...both butt pads dont work....but since this is my first MB i assumed that only the back gets warm......does anyone know where i can get the butt pads, and how much they are?