Sponsored by:

UD + Crank Pulley Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question UD + Crank Pulley Question

Hi guys - here's the situation...

Factory Crank Pulley on w210 E55 showing signs of wear - reading up on your experiences and results have ordered AMS crank pulley from Omey.

I also had a look at Evosport UD pulley kit which comprises alternator / power steering and waterpump under driven pulleys and belt.

Firstly does any one have any experience with this Evosport UD kit on their E55 W210 ?

Any benefits / drawbacks would be appreciated..

Also - anyone running the UD kit + AMS crank pulley ? Any reasons why this would be a good / not so good idea ?

I'm currently toying with the idea and rather get it done all together if that is something that would work ...
Old 01-22-2008, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
I can comment on the AMS crank shaft pulley and say that I love it! It's very well made and definately improves power without sacrificing anything else. I have read that the UD pulleys can cause problems with electrical and other things but I can't be specific. Search in here and also over and Benzworld.org and you should find some threads on the topic. Good luck.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
couple guys with C55's has this setup like Jimmydagreek sayed search and you should find some info on it

Last edited by SaMaS; 01-22-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tump43 has both kits and they function perfectly together.

You can do either or both, to maximize power out or your engine get both, it should also help with fuel efficiency as well at make it more fun to drive. if you don't want to sacrifice anything then just get the crank pulley. If you are willing to make some sacrifices in comfort and driveability then you can do both to maximize power.

These are definitely more helpful than drop in K&N filters (which pretty much didn't do much). Other than pulleys X-pipe helps out quite a bit as well on the top end, hope that helps
Old 01-24-2008, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Originally Posted by OmeyHomey
Tump43 has both kits and they function perfectly together.

You can do either or both, to maximize power out or your engine get both, it should also help with fuel efficiency as well at make it more fun to drive. if you don't want to sacrifice anything then just get the crank pulley. If you are willing to make some sacrifices in comfort and driveability then you can do both to maximize power.

These are definitely more helpful than drop in K&N filters (which pretty much didn't do much). Other than pulleys X-pipe helps out quite a bit as well on the top end, hope that helps
Old 01-25-2008, 12:02 PM

I hear you guys !!

got the x-pipe - ordered the crank pulley and now just waiting its arrival