Sponsored by:

Off to the drag strip.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 ML55 AMG, 2011 VW Passat, 2001 S500L, 2002 S500L
Off to the drag strip.

This question may have been asked before but I am soon going to drag the car for the second time since ownership.
My question is what is the best way to launch the car to acheive the best times? Also what is the best PSI for the tires?
The best I could acheive was 14.7 seconds last time and I was really disappointed. I know my car is much better now but I wanna try and get in the 13's.

Thanks guys

Wayne
Old 03-20-2008, 12:18 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W211 E63
Originally Posted by Waynec1980
This question may have been asked before but I am soon going to drag the car for the second time since ownership.
My question is what is the best way to launch the car to acheive the best times? Also what is the best PSI for the tires?
The best I could acheive was 14.7 seconds last time and I was really disappointed. I know my car is much better now but I wanna try and get in the 13's.

Thanks guys

Wayne
BUMP. I would also like to know this.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Waynec1980

Thanks guys

Wayne
Keep your suspension loose, keep the car in drive put yer foot on the brake and spin the rear tires a few times , get some heat in em.

stage the car, lightly depress the brake then on the third amber light moderately hit the gas , if you sense you have hooked , mash the throttle hold it until you pass the final beam .

You can also try a slight 1000-1200 power brake. Step on the brake apply gas until the car feels like its gonna break lose, let the car go on the third yellow. Lower your pressure to 28 psi , make sure you spin em a few times and stay out of the water.