Big problems!... and mods i need info on... please give me a hand

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2008 | 05:18 AM
Almost a Member!

1999 E55 AMG
Big problems!... and mods i need info on... please give me a hand

hi guys.

Right. A couple of days ago my indicators, reversing lights, wipers and high beam control stick on my steering wheel stopped working. I have checked the fuses and they are fine but i know hey are all connected.
The other thing is that my steering wheel does not move up and down electronically anymore. I press up or down and you can hear a clicking inside. The wheel moves towards and away from the driver but does not move up or down.
Do you guys think this could either be two separate issues with a weak connection/relay from the fuse for the components and a broken motor pulley...... or if the broken motor/pulley has damaged the indicator wand's connections.
The indicator wand moves and sticks up or down for left or right but it does not trigger the indicators.
Has anyone had this problem before?

Also guys, can you reccomend any good part websites that will ship performance upgrades to the middle east.
Im looking for lightweight pulleys, headers, bolt on superchips/mapping chips.

Also im going to be fitting a new air filter system. basically like this on that raffie55 did:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...air+filter+new

but im going to fabricate boxes for the filters with heat shielding and take the inlet to the filter boxes from the inlet in the front grill. basically it will be:

inlet grill > pipe > airbox w/cone air filter inside > pipe > standard air box without filter

Has anyone done this or can think of any setbacks.
I think if i have insulation round the cones and the pipe is airtight from the airbox to the inlet on the grill I'll get a good airflow with minimum heat leakage from the engine bay.

I heard some guys talking about taking air from under the grill on the bumper air intakes, will this be better due to ram force? (Dont know what that is)!

Also, where do i attach the air temp/flow sensor?

Help for these things would be greatly appreciated guys.
BTW: Just got new paint job finished, will have pics soon. Check out prevous post to see the car without the black roof, side view mirrors, bumper trims, hood scoop trim and caliper paint!!!
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...683&highlight=

Last edited by rikkie55amg; 03-27-2008 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-27-2008 | 09:22 AM

2002 e55 w211 ....
hi mate, i tried this many different ways...... the twin filters i had LOST power lUp high rpm....

the intakes in front are area's of pressure caused when driving so work really well......

work on the principle mercedes spent £000's developing it for the C43 and E55

their just isn't enough room to make it any better really !!!!! but belive me im still trying!!
Old 03-30-2008 | 01:44 AM
Almost a Member!

1999 E55 AMG
Thanks bro. Will probably just put in the K&N air filter in the original airbox instead of going for cones. Also, there is very limited space on my right hand side of the engine so It'll be a very tight squeeze.
I'll just save the money for a lightweight pulley and a chip.