Hands Free Connections 2000 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 137 Posts
2015 E63s AMG, 2020 GLC 43 AMG
Hands Free Connections 2000 E55

So I used to love my hands free system with my Star-Tac connected via cable in the console armrest. Well then the service providers stopped supporting the Star-Tac that the car came with (apparently it doesn't support the 911 GPS finder). So now I have a hands free system with a cable that I can't connect a phone to.

Is there an alternative solution? A cable adapter maybe? Or some type of bluetooth setup (that connects into the existing cable) that will integrate fully into the car's phone system? Here in Cali we have until July 1st to stop putting phones to our heads while we drive. I'm not big on bluetooth headsets so I'd like to get the car's system working again.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
I think you need a newer PSE, V60 cradle, and V60 phone or V60 bluetooth adaptor.

Good luck!

Ben

Originally Posted by Vrodman
So I used to love my hands free system with my Star-Tac connected via cable in the console armrest. Well then the service providers stopped supporting the Star-Tac that the car came with (apparently it doesn't support the 911 GPS finder). So now I have a hands free system with a cable that I can't connect a phone to.

Is there an alternative solution? A cable adapter maybe? Or some type of bluetooth setup (that connects into the existing cable) that will integrate fully into the car's phone system? Here in Cali we have until July 1st to stop putting phones to our heads while we drive. I'm not big on bluetooth headsets so I'd like to get the car's system working again.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 137 Posts
2015 E63s AMG, 2020 GLC 43 AMG
Originally Posted by Ben'z
I think you need a newer PSE, V60 cradle, and V60 phone or V60 bluetooth adaptor.

Good luck!

Ben
I'm not really good with some of these acronyms. What exactly is the PSE? Is that just the phone itself? Will a V60 plug into the same cable that the Star-Tac plugs into? Or is the cable considered part of the cradle? Maybe the easiest thing to do is to buy an old V60 on ebay and whatever I need to connect it up? Do I have to go to a dealer for the v60 cradle? Do you know?

Lot's of questions, sorry, but thanks.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
I found a thread might help.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...434&highlight=

Actually, there is a lot of information in Audio & Electronics section.

Good luck!
Ben