Sponsored by:

Mass Airflow Sensor Miracle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS63
Mass Airflow Sensor Miracle

I have a 2000 E55. I bought the car after reading all the reviews in the magazines, which at the time liked to show the car burning rubber from takeoffs. My car never did that and I have always been disappointed in the power at low speeds and the transmission which hesitated on down shifts. I always complained to the dealer, but nothing really changed. I thought MB should study a Cadillac Northstar engine and GM transmission.

Then I read in this forum last Sept that several others had the same problem which was corrected by changing the mass air sensor. I had to take my car in last week for a Servicwe A at 38,000 miles. I told the service writer about my complaints and begged him to look at the mass air sensor, and even told him that the forum messages said problems with the sensor would not show up on a regular diagnostic check. When I picked up my car I was told the sensor had been replaced. I left the dealership and entered I 95. I goosed the accelerator and to my surprise was thrown back into my seat by the power. It was almost scary. It feels like there is another 100hp! The car now loves to provide instant downshifts. The ESP turnoff button now works and the back tires spin all the time. I was thinking about getting a new E500 or S430 but this is too much fun! I only regret that I have not been able to experience the AMG magic for 3 years.
Old 12-14-2002, 11:45 AM

AMG
Smile

Congrats!!! I had the exact same problems and after replacing the mass air sensor the car was totally diffrent. Man, is it fun to burn tires or what
Old 12-14-2002, 04:56 PM

2012 CLS63
Marky, it was your post that gave me the knowledge. Thanks much.
Old 12-14-2002, 09:47 PM

AMG
Originally posted by AMGLAB
Marky, it was your post that gave me the knowledge. Thanks much.
It's nice to see that theese forums works! As you said, it was becase of me your car now is performing as it should! And it was my technician that said that problems with the mass air sensor wouldn't show on a regular diagnostic check. The only problem for you right now is the expensive rear wheel tires... But it is worth that!!