AC Compresser does not come on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used to drive E55
AC Compresser does not come on

Hey Guys,

My AC went out today. I noticed the two fans up front are not coming on. They usually come on went I turn the AC on. So my question is do I have more than one problem? Does something control the compressor. Some fuse or relay. or is the compressor not coming on because it's dead. Also why are my fans not on? Is it related to the compressor?

Anybody experience this....
Old 07-28-2008, 09:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W211 E63
I have. The same thing happened to me where there was no airflow from the main vents, but the side ones worked ok.

It was a small problem where a little gray plastic tube just behind the MAF had become detached from its entry point into the firewall. My service tech cut another longer piece of plastic tubing and ran that from its start point to the pipe in the firewall and the cold air came back right away. Cost me nothing. Might want to check that out first as the stock piece is way too short.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used to drive E55
Originally Posted by SleepersRock
I have. The same thing happened to me where there was no airflow from the main vents, but the side ones worked ok.

It was a small problem where a little gray plastic tube just behind the MAF had become detached from its entry point into the firewall. My service tech cut another longer piece of plastic tubing and ran that from its start point to the pipe in the firewall and the cold air came back right away. Cost me nothing. Might want to check that out first as the stock piece is way too short.
I did notice a little gray plastic tube I think vaccum that was broken near the passenger side up close the black box near the fire wall. I think it goes all the way near the MAF. Maybe the same one you are talking about. But was your compresser not kicking in and the aux fans not working too!
Old 08-07-2008, 04:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W211 E63
Not sure about the compressor. All I know was that no air of any kind was blowing through the center vents, and a tiny amount of air was coming thru the side vents. Connecting plastic tube solved my air problem. Good luck.