MAF and intake pipes for 1999 e55 amg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
450 BHP Saab 9000 Aero
Wink MAF and intake pipes for 1999 e55 amg

Hi all,

Im looking for a new maf sensor for my e55. Ive found one on ebay for $80.99 from New York City:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...es#ht_2342wt_0

Has anybody ever purchased one of these and are they genuine???

Ive also looked on autohaus arizona and they have them for $154.59:

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...0Mass%20Sensor

Are they easy to fit or is it a garage job?? I've been quoted around £350 ($500) to get them plus fitting... so if its an easy job id rather do it my self!!!

Also i need two new intake pipes for the air box but cane find them anywhere??

Does anybody know where i can get a set and what they are actually called...intake pipes...airbox pipes???? As you can guess i'm no mechanic!!

Thanks ,

Dave
Attached Thumbnails MAF and intake pipes for 1999 e55 amg-9e43_19.jpg  
Old 12-07-2008, 07:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CL500 216
Only asking,,are you sure that you have one on that AMG car
Old 12-07-2008, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
Originally Posted by welsh e55 dave
Hi all,

Im looking for a new maf sensor for my e55. Ive found one on ebay for $80.99 from New York City:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...es#ht_2342wt_0

Has anybody ever purchased one of these and are they genuine???

Ive also looked on autohaus arizona and they have them for $154.59:

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...0Mass%20Sensor

Are they easy to fit or is it a garage job?? I've been quoted around £350 ($500) to get them plus fitting... so if its an easy job id rather do it my self!!!

Also i need two new intake pipes for the air box but cane find them anywhere??

Does anybody know where i can get a set and what they are actually called...intake pipes...airbox pipes???? As you can guess i'm no mechanic!!

Thanks ,

Dave

I wouldn't buy the one from Ebay, they are junk. Autohausaz got the best price for OEM MAF, that a great price btw.

It's a PITA to get to the MAF if you don't know your way around the engine. I wouldn't mess with it if you don't know what you're doing. Why would you want to change out the stock plastic intake tubes

Fianlly, why do you want to get a new MAS? Is your bad?
Old 12-07-2008, 07:33 PM

450 BHP Saab 9000 Aero
Hi,

I need the pipes as the ones that are currently on the car have been cut as there was a twin cone kit on there but now i've gone back to the panel filters i need to replace the pipes!!!

The MAF went after i fitted these filters and the car just doesn't go as quickly as it did before. I thought it might be a gearbox problem but ill try the MAF first and see how it goes!

Guess ill leave the ones on ebay and go for the ones on Autohausaz instead.

Still don't know where to get the pipes from though!!!
Old 12-07-2008, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE

Still don't know where to get the pipes from though!!!
Let me see if I can find mine when I go home for X-mas. When I had the Kleemann S/C install I shiped all my stock intake stuff included the tubes at my house in KS. I will look for it when I get home. I hope my wife didn't throw them away
Old 12-08-2008, 11:49 AM

Used to drive E55
I would watch out for ebayers for sure. I have bought cheap Japaneses remakes and they are trash. However, I did buy a genuine bosch insert like the one you show and it works great. Don't need the whole MAF.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:20 PM

Mercedes Benz E 55 AMG T
i have bought from autohausaz and its original seald Bosch, dont forgett to buy the (2) o-rings wich seals the maf upper and under , they where in pretty bad shape in my car,

no problem fitting the maf, i did it a summerday outside in half an hour, just unmount the airbox and work from there no need takeing more parts away but you have to bend your fingers a bit

cancel the ecu then with - battery pole off and if u want cancel the gearbox memory ,select (s) mode, hit full throttle then put key in position 2 and do so in 15sec then turn the key off and wait 5min and the gearbox is in factory mode
sorry for my bad english

/Tommy

Last edited by E55AMGTOMMY; 12-08-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:01 PM

450 BHP Saab 9000 Aero
Maf and filters

I changed the filters from K&N back to the standard mann ones....car drives a little better now...

Tried getting the MAF off the car but it wont budge, the metal clip on the back of the housing wont come off so i decided to leave the housing on and just change the actual maf sensor with a new one...untill i realized that i need a torx screwdriver to get the thing off...thats in the post as we speak.

Is it ok to just swap the sensor over or should i get the whole thing off and replace the housing

Also does anybody know what type of obdii scanner i need for the car? I've seen a load on ebay for around £60-£80 ($90-$123) but they seem to have a different connector- Square as opposed to Circle which is what's on the e55...I think?

Any help appreciated
Old 12-19-2008, 05:24 PM

Mercedes Benz E 55 AMG T
I changed the filters from K&N back to the standard mann ones....car drives a little better now...

Tried getting the MAF off the car but it wont budge, the metal clip on the back of the housing wont come off so i decided to leave the housing on and just change the actual maf sensor with a new one...untill i realized that i need a torx screwdriver to get the thing off...thats in the post as we speak.

Is it ok to just swap the sensor over or should i get the whole thing off and replace the housing

Also does anybody know what type of obdii scanner i need for the car? I've seen a load on ebay for around £60-£80 ($90-$123) but they seem to have a different connector- Square as opposed to Circle which is what's on the e55...I think?

Any help appreciated
suggest you change the whole piece, incl the o-ring seals upp and down, you have to remove the airintake box before starting, its just prest inplace if i dont missremeber, otherwise you could have a leak of air in the housing causing the new maf broke down earlyer.