E55 Dead Pedal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 02:31 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 E55
E55 Dead Pedal

Has anybody installed a "dead pedal" in their E55? I have been thinking about doing this since I usually put my left foot in the dead pedal spot anyway and dont like to wear out the carpet in that spot.

If you have installed one, please post some pics and give installation details.

Thanks.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:40 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you talking about a Foot Rest?? Is this the same thing??
Old 01-20-2003, 05:46 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 E55
Right. The foot rest.

I would like to install one, but most of the aftermarket stuff that I have found is to be installed in place of factory installed foot rests. On the E55, this would have to be a completely new installation and I am not sure if this can even be done.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 01-20-2003, 05:53 PM

E55 AMG
Same with me, my left foot always rests on the dead pedal/foot rest. I tried a MOMO aluminum dead pedal for grins, but did not install it. Didn't want to drill holes in the carpet and it did not look right with the other pedals stock. All the after market stuff looks cheap and ricer-ish IMHO. If only there was real authentic AMG pedals. The BRABUS ones are nice, but expensive, and I don't feel the chrome is a match for my interior.

Now I'm thinking about a floor mat with the foot rest as part of the floor mat carpet. But MB doesn't seem to make one, and I really like the "E55 AMG" logo on the stock ones. So, I'm still searching for the right solution, I don't want to wear out the carpet there either.
Old 01-20-2003, 05:57 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just leave mine as is.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:02 PM

2001 E55 & 1988 BMW M6
Originally posted by mikE55
Same with me, my left foot always rests on the dead pedal/foot rest. I tried a MOMO aluminum dead pedal for grins, but did not install it. Didn't want to drill holes in the carpet and it did not look right with the other pedals stock. All the after market stuff looks cheap and ricer-ish IMHO. If only there was real authentic AMG pedals. The BRABUS ones are nice, but expensive, and I don't feel the chrome is a match for my interior.

Now I'm thinking about a floor mat with the foot rest as part of the floor mat carpet. But MB doesn't seem to make one, and I really like the "E55 AMG" logo on the stock ones. So, I'm still searching for the right solution, I don't want to wear out the carpet there either.
I've heard very good things about cocomats.com [sp]

They are supposed to be of very high quality, reasonably priced, and they will custom fit for any car.

I am assuming that they would be able to custom-fit the dead-pedal area in an e55... plus, they should be able to recreate the e55 stitching/monogramming...