Sponsored by:

They're giving them away now...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W211 E63
Originally Posted by greg12m3
Well when I bought the car I did a major tune up, and have done the tranny fluid and filter, the diff, trans connection seal was leaking, valve cover gasket was leaking, pads and rotors all around x2, MAF x2 so far, the pedal sensor broke (500 from the dealer), suspension was replaced and front was redone ( struts, shocks, lower control arms, lower ball joints, tie rods and bushings), tires x2 sets, HID bulbs, guibos and some random hoses that were old and rotted. and service a once and service b once. and motor mounts and tranny mounts. and thats everything i think.

tell them to raise their price!
Is the pedal sensor the you mention the one that install on or near the brake pedal? The one that throws the ABS, ESP, and BAS fault codes at the same time when it fails? If so you need another dealer as that is a $15 part and 5 minute install time. I just replaced mine 2 weeks ago because those fault code would get thrown up randomly when braking now and then.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 EVO X GSR
No, it was the electronic acceleration sensor. I was told the whole pedal assembly need to be replaced. I had those ABS, ESP and BAS lights all come on once but it was because of my MAF i think as i replaced it the next day after and all was fine and no errors since.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E55 C43 993C2S
Originally Posted by SleepersRock
Is the pedal sensor the you mention the one that install on or near the brake pedal? The one that throws the ABS, ESP, and BAS fault codes at the same time when it fails? If so you need another dealer as that is a $15 part and 5 minute install time. I just replaced mine 2 weeks ago because those fault code would get thrown up randomly when braking now and then.
Exactly! When I went to the dealer he began to give me some bs story, and I pulled out my notes from on here.. and he was like, you know ur right.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:39 PM

2008 W211 E63
Originally Posted by greg12m3
No, it was the electronic acceleration sensor. I was told the whole pedal assembly need to be replaced. I had those ABS, ESP and BAS lights all come on once but it was because of my MAF i think as i replaced it the next day after and all was fine and no errors since.
I think you got ripped off. The MAF has nothing to do at all with those codes. The pedal assembly on these cars is damn strong, but the cheapo plastic sensor connected to the brake pedal often degrades and gets stuck. Normally it should spring back to place but when it gets old, it gets stuck , and thus throws exactly those 3 fault codes. The fault code will be thrown randomly when you press the brakes and it just happens to get stuck. I had it happed 3 times over 3 months (I thought it was random too, until it started happening regularly) but when it finally started occurring at least once a week, that's when I got it replaced.

Think about it...ABS=Anti-lock Brake System i.e. when you brake. ESP =Electronic Stability Control i.e. when you use the brake (or donuts hehe) for control. BAS=Brake Assist System i.e. when you brake.

None of these have anything to do with acceleration (separate sensor) or the MAF which regulates fuel air mixture. I would be very careful about going back to this dealer again. Definitely get a 2nd opinion from another dealer or an inde shop.

Just do me a favor and if you see those codes get thrown again try and see if it was just after you pressed the brakes.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by SleepersRock; 02-11-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E55 C43 993C2S
OMG

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/1037189374.html
Old 02-16-2009, 10:08 PM

2008 EVO X GSR
Originally Posted by SleepersRock
I think you got ripped off. The MAF has nothing to do at all with those codes. The pedal assembly on these cars is damn strong, but the cheapo plastic sensor connected to the brake pedal often degrades and gets stuck. Normally it should spring back to place but when it gets old, it gets stuck , and thus throws exactly those 3 fault codes. The fault code will be thrown randomly when you press the brakes and it just happens to get stuck. I had it happed 3 times over 3 months (I thought it was random too, until it started happening regularly) but when it finally started occurring at least once a week, that's when I got it replaced.

Think about it...ABS=Anti-lock Brake System i.e. when you brake. ESP =Electronic Stability Control i.e. when you use the brake (or donuts hehe) for control. BAS=Brake Assist System i.e. when you brake.

None of these have anything to do with acceleration (separate sensor) or the MAF which regulates fuel air mixture. I would be very careful about going back to this dealer again. Definitely get a 2nd opinion from another dealer or an inde shop.

Just do me a favor and if you see those codes get thrown again try and see if it was just after you pressed the brakes.

Hope this helps.

I don't know, this happened quite some time ago and the warning lights (abs esp bap) came on when I floored and just touched 100 and then the car died and it had to be put into neutral and turned back on. But then I scanned the codes and think I got p0103, irregardless i had gotten the same code before and the problem was the MAF but if this plastic piece your talking about is the possible cause of the other times for these lights going off then I think I may as well just replace it so not to be bothered with
Old 02-18-2009, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by C43AMG
Please tell me you are kidding with that statement.
Not kidding.

Obviously, you can't drive it like you own it with a sales person in the car, nor push it near any real limit on the street. But handling responsiveness felt the same, and even though the power was more, it definitely wasn't 5x more. Many more creature comforts, better exhaust tone, seats, etc. Bang for buck the 210 e55 wins.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:57 PM

2008 W211 E63
Originally Posted by SamirD
Not kidding.

Obviously, you can't drive it like you own it with a sales person in the car, nor push it near any real limit on the street. But handling responsiveness felt the same, and even though the power was more, it definitely wasn't 5x more. Many more creature comforts, better exhaust tone, seats, etc. Bang for buck the 210 e55 wins.
Creature comforts and seats most likely (I have yet to seats more comfortable than mine, most new passengers say the same)...Handling and exhaust tone definitely the C63. Even the C43 way out handles the E55 so I can only imagine what the C63 does...and the C63 has one of the best stock exhaust notes I have ever heard. Amazing at idle, everyday acceleration, and full acceleration.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:05 PM

2001 E430, Obsidian Black w. Ash/Orion Grey, 195,000 mi.
2000 e55 under ten grand!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/1038691516.html
Old 02-22-2009, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
156k mi though...
Old 02-23-2009, 02:24 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by mr.wiser
thats nothing! there going as low as £3500 here in the UK.

i would like to have an e55 w210 but my w210 amg e36 is a lot more rare and as got more power per cylinder than the 5.5 v8

i dont think you had the E36 there! its the baby 3.6 litre m104 engine. the car looks exactly the same as the e55 and was made in 1996 before the mercedes / amg take over!!

i paid an astonishing £1250 for it wit the head gasket gone! its all done now and is still a rather fast car even though a lot less power than the e55 i seen figures for 286bhp and im looking to put a bigger manifold on it to push it to 330bhp. any one knows where i can get a bigger exhaust manifold for this m104 stright six?
WOW, now THAT is a true collectors car. So jealous .

Our M104 headers & New M104 pulleys are on the way!